Any 2012 brides out there?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out WC suggested that we have them translated at the Consult... We're going to the one in Montreal to have everything notarized/translated and to sign our single affidavit... Below is all of the info that was emailed to me from the Consult, including their pricing and their email is weddinginfo@consuldrmtl.com... Hope this helps!

Wedding instructions

Please follow these instructions very carefully to avoid any delay on the process of your
documents.

v Valid Passport*
v Original Birth Certificate* *
v Single Status Affidavit and Divorce Act**. (original and notarized by a Notary Public
or a Commissioner of oaths when send it by mail) find a sample of the Single Status
affidavit below.
v A minimum of two witnesses and a maximum of 8 (2 of them must not be blood
relative) aged 18 years or over. The remaining 6 witnesses could be members of your
family as stipulated on the provision No. 659 of the current legal law in the Dominican
Republic. Foreignness witnesses need to hold a valid passport. If you do no provide
the witnesses the hotel will provide them for free.
v You should be at the hotel 48 hours before the date of the wedding if no possible,
please contact your wedding planner to help you in this matter. This rule has been
place by the hotels in order to have your wedding well organized. It is no mandatory by
the law.
v Translation into Spanish of the Single Status Affidavit, Birth Certificate, Divorce Act
and Death Certificate if widowed ( It may be done at the Dominican Republic General
Consulate for a fee)
v Legalization of the Single Status Affidavit and Divorce Act by the Dominican Republic
General Consulate.
v If you are able to sign your Single Status Affidavit before a Dominican Consular
representative at this Dominican Republic General Consulate, you do not need to
notarize them with a Canadian notary. Please book for an appointment just by calling
the Consul of the Dominican Republic in Montreal Raquel Jacobo de Cabral at
(514) 991-4909 or (514) 284-5455

* To legalize your documents at this Dominican Republic General Consulate, a photocopy of your
passport will be adequate; you do no have to send the original one. The birth certificate does not
need to have your parent's name on it since you are including the name of your parents in your
single status declaration. However, you must take all your original documents to the hotel in the
Dominican Republic.

** Translated into Spanish and legalized by this Dominican Official Consulate.

Legal Fees in U$ funds:
The cost to legalize a document is 100.00U$ per document
The cost to translate a document is 40U$ per document

The cost of your package is as follow:
40$x4 to translate both Birth Certificate and two single status affidavit = 160$US

100$x4 to legalize two single status affidavit and two birth certificates= 400.00$US.
If both of you are single never married U$560.00. If one of you is divorced an additional U$140 is
added to make a total of U$700.00 and if both of you are divorced you have to add U$280 to make
a total of U$840.00.

NOTICE:
It is important for you to know that once your documents are legalized by us, they will be valid for
three (3) consecutive months from the legalization date. A divorce bride cannot say “I do†until 10
months have passed after her official divorce, except her intended husband is the same person
she has divorced. If this situation applies to you, please let us know as there may be new legal
changes on this matter.

It could take five to seven business days for the documents to be completed if send them by mail.

Please contact Mrs. Yadira Henriquez de Cabral and Mrs. Pilar Asencio from our wedding and
business Department. They are willing to help you organize and smooth the progress of your
wedding preparations. Contact them at the phone number: (514) 991-4909 (514) 284-5455 or
email: weddinginfo@consuldrmtl.com

Send your documents to: The General Consulate of the Dominican Republic in Montreal
1470 Peel Street Suite 366 Montreal, Quebec H3A 1T1
Attention to Yadira Henriquez de Cabral

Please include a pre-paid envelope to return your documents by mail.
Payment must be done by a certified cheque or money order in US funds payable to the Dominican
Republic General Consulate, if you are coming in person you may want to pay cash in U$ funds.

Dominican Republic General Consulate in Montreal
1470 Peel St. Suite 263, Montreal, Quebec
H3A 1T1

STATUTORY DECLARATION OF SINGLE STATUS
(Retype the whole document with your own information; this is just a sample)

CANADA Province of _________
IN THE MATTER OF: the marriage between [full name of both parties*]

I, [Full Name as in passport] of the City of __________in the Province of ________ DO
SOLEMNLY AND SINCERELY DECLARE THAT:

I am [full name*], born as [name as it appears in Birth Certificate] on [date of birth] in [place of
birth].
I am a Canadian citizen with passport No. _______ who resides at [full address].
I intend to marry [full name*] in the [Hotel Name] in [City], Dominican Republic during the
week of [approximately date of marriage].
I am single and have never been married before [if divorced, please put: I am divorced as
per divorce certificate No. _______ as of [date of divorce]. During my previous matrimony I
was known as [name as appears on divorce certificate]. To the best of my knowledge and
belief there is no legal impediment or other lawful cause to prevent me from getting married.
I am currently employed as a [occupation].
The names of my parents are _______________, Mother and ________________, Father.

AND, I make this Solemn Declaration faithfully believing it to be true and knowing that it is of the
same force and effect as if made under oath and by virtue of the Canada Evidence Act and the
Dominican Republics laws

DECLARED before me at [City] ____________, province of______________this ___day of the
month of_____________, year________

Name and signature of the Notary Public if the documents will be sent by mail.
If the document will be signed in person at this General Consulate you have to put the name of the
Consul Raquel Jacobo de Cabral

Originally Posted by nbissell View Post

Hi Ladies,  Are you having a legal wedding in Punta Cana?  I'm getting married in June 2012 and am having trouble finding a place to get my documents translated.  Do you have any suggestions?

Hi Katiem2012,

I just wanted to hello because we're both from Ottawa, getting married in April at the Grand Palladium Punta Cana. My date is the 18th, happy planning!

Originally Posted by Katiem2012 View Post

We did the same thing, though we are flying out of Canada too. FI and I put our deposits down end of June (though we were able to in May for most locations) for our wedding in April 2012. Our guests had to submit their deposits by October for an early booking bonus.... We wanted to make sure our guests had tons of time to plan... we even sent our Save the Dates out in April 2011 lol.

Hi Kris2012,

It's great to find someone else getting married at the Grand Palladium!! :)

How has your planning been going so far? I feel like there is still tons left... but so much that I really can't do until we get there..

Originally Posted by Kris2012 View Post

Hi Katiem2012,

I just wanted to hello because we're both from Ottawa, getting married in April at the Grand Palladium Punta Cana. My date is the 18th, happy planning!

I've got the major decisions done like our photographer, videographer, cake, bouquet, etc...but yes, a lot of stuff is left til when we get there which is kind of stressful. I think I'm going to do welcome bags but haven't done too much for them yet. I think after Christmas it's going to just fly by and we'll be down there before we know it!

Hello

I registered here a long time ago when I was still debating whether or not to go ahead with a destination wedding.   Congrats to all past and future brides.  I finally booked my date, which is June 5th, 2012 @ Grand Palladium Punta Cana. woot2.gif  There is so much information here that I've spent hours reading and reading.wacko.gif   I've walked away with some very useful information though.  Thanks posters!  1-pray.gif

Hello

I registered here a long time ago when I was still debating whether or not to go ahead with a destination wedding.   Congrats to all past and future brides.  I finally booked my date, which is June 5th, 2012 @ Grand Palladium Punta Cana. woot2.gif  There is so much information here that I've spent hours reading and reading.wacko.gif   I've walked away with some very useful information though.  Thanks posters!  1-pray.gif

• 1 month later...