EXCELLENCE Resort Punta Cana - New thread started April 2010

Don't just copy and paste that poem. there were two changes I made prior to printing from another computer. It said .. protect your lips from THE sun...... and off OF the podium .

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MDB - love all the cute personal touches!!

MRS. Bulldog - LOVED YOUR REVIEW!!! You are such a beautiful bride!! It made me so excited for my big day coming up. I was actually going back through all the old posts and it is so neat to see everyone's journey. Your pictures are great and I loved the fireating stilts guy.

Nikki - still awaiting your review. You are making me nervous, but I still want to hear everything.

In regards to sashes - I found a site where they are about $1 each plus $5 s&h. www. bbcrafts .com . Has anyone tried or plans on trying to make them? Does this even save you money?? You gotta love that you will drop thousands on a photographer, but then start pinching pennies on $1 sashes!! Oh well...

Hey ladies! I wanted to chime in since we spent most of our honeymoon at Excellence after we left St. Lucia. For the rooms, I will say I was a little disappointed, but don't let it get you down. The bed was rock hard and I have back problems, so this definitely affected me. There was a little mold on our mirror and the jacuzzi wasn't cleaned properly. These are only minor things when you look at the whole grand scheme of things, but it's better to expect it going in. We didn't have a musty smell at all. Oh, another thing is that we booked an oceanview room and really couldn't see the ocean. We were in building 3. I believe the room number was 3008.

All that being said, the resort was wonderful overall. I wouldn't call it a 4 1/2 star, but it really was a nice place to honeymoon. We met a couple who got married while we were there and still keep in touch with them. They persuaded the front desk to upgrade their room to the Imperial Suite and it was absolutely gorgeous. I recommend trying for that.

The staff is great and definitely bring bug spray! You won't need it all the time, but you'll be happy you have it when you do. Occassionally the staff will have it and offer to spray it for you.

For those getting married this summer, have fun and drink a coco loco for me. Nothing better than carrying your drink around in a big coconut!

Hello Ladies,

My fiance and I are getting married a Excellence PC on July 31st at 4pm! I am so excited b/c it is getting so very close. Photo Souvenir will be doing our photos and Pastor York is our officiant. We have a nice small group of ten people going. Some close family and friends that were able to make the trip.

Hello Exellence Punta Cana Brides,

I'm Hali!! Soon to be wed at Excellence on Jan 20, 2011 at 4:00pm. My wedding planner is Isyuney. There will be 7 guests attending my wedding (all of them family). We are going for simple, but reading all of your ideas makes me feel as though I'm going too simple.

I don't mean to sound tight or stingy when it comes to doing little extras for my guests, but this is mainly the reason for my wedding get away. I love the fact that you all have the knack for this, and really wish I did. I stress so easily and over think things. So really I'm trying to eliminate some stress for my FI. I guess I'm asking for someone to tell me it's okay not to go all out?!?

Hali,

From what I understand it is enforced. I remember seeing something on one of the boards about flights getting cancelled/delayed & the wedding coordinator 'working around it' though. Not sure which island of resort this happened at. I personally am taking the 3 days as my 'working vacation' and getting all my favors organized & whatever else needs to be done at the resort before the wedding. After that, it's RELAXATION time!! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrott View Post
Hali,

From what I understand it is enforced. I remember seeing something on one of the boards about flights getting cancelled/delayed & the wedding coordinator 'working around it' though. Not sure which island of resort this happened at. I personally am taking the 3 days as my 'working vacation' and getting all my favors organized & whatever else needs to be done at the resort before the wedding. After that, it's RELAXATION time!! :-)

Thanks for the reply!! I'm going to let FH make the call and when to arrive. Since he's paying and I have plenty of planning to do myself, that's one call he can make. There's not much that I really need to do after we arrive (maybe some small favors), but does anyone know if there are small shops around that might have some odds and ends?
One idea I really like is the "shoes optional" sign with a basket for the guests shoes...and a basket full of paint brushes to dust the sand off of your feet. I don't want to overload my luggage so I wonder if there will be places to pick up some things. Any idea??