EXCELLENCE Resort Punta Cana - New thread started April 2010

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#21 bride2be2011

bride2be2011
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:53 AM

Diva -
    I was there Nov 09 and stayed in building 4. I didn't really notice the smell while I was there, but the must was definitely in all of my clothes when I got back. I actually take a big whiff of my makeup brush once and while and can still smell punta cana, haha!

#22 mdb

mdb
    • 190 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:10 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TRose
      I've decided to rent chavari chairs from a local vendor in punta cana..they have white, gold, black and red. What color would you guys choose for an outdoor reception?

TROSE,
      I would probably go with white. Can you add sashes to these chairs? Also, how much are they charging you per chair?

#23 nbulldog19

nbulldog19
      • 103 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

The rooms were definitely musty, some worse than others. My mother in law has asthma and her room was really musty, but when she told the front desk, they changed her room immediately so that was good. Basically if you are unhappy with anything, just tell them. They are there to make you happy and strive to do so.

#24 TRose

TRose
        • 75 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mdb
          TROSE,
          I would probably go with white. Can you add sashes to these chairs? Also, how much are they charging you per chair?
          Yes you can put sashes on them. You can google pictures of chiavari chairs with sashes. The price is a little high 7 dollars/chair.

#25 msglave

msglave
          • 933 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

My friends got married here in 2007. I stayed for one week. If I can answer any questions, from my experience, let me know.
            The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
            Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
            www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#26 Diva

Diva
            • 682 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

Trvlrs: I went with Nora Bohanon! She is a BDW vendor and does EXCELLENT work! She books pretty fast, so take a look at her site to see if she is still available for your dates Nora's Wedding Blog International Destination Wedding Photography

#27 Diva

Diva
              • 682 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:56 PM

Hmmm my stepmother has asthma too, so I will definitely let my TA know. Also, are the rooms super outdated?

#28 atrott

atrott
                • 208 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

I have been dealing with Ana with my wedding coordinator & she has responded promptly to every email I send her. I've actually tried to stop sending her quite so many! LOL! I've emailed photosouvenir twice with questions & they have also been very prompt in their response. I hate to hear that you girls are having trouble getting in touch with people!

#29 Diva

Diva
                  • 682 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hey ladies, I am looking at chair sashes and I notice that they are used at the ceremony AND the reception. Are they 2 different sets, or does the site WC move them and set them up for you?

Basically if I have 30 guests, do I need to just buy the 30 sashes, or 60?

Make sense?

#30 nbulldog19

nbulldog19
                    • 103 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:42 AM

Diva-

Just 30, they move them for you at no extra cost. Also about the rooms being outdated, my guests and I thought they were great..the only complaint is the beds are definitely hard. Not a bed I wanted to spend all day in which was fine because we hardly spent anytime in our rooms except to go to bed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users