EXCELLENCE Resort Punta Cana - New thread started April 2010

Stephany, PM me your email & I'll copy it for you to read. 

I realized that I forgot to mention anything about my flowers. I had the pictures that Ana had sent me beforehand & I was having a hard time making a decision. It didn't get any easier when we got to the resort so I finally just pointed to the white roses & said 'Those!' They turned out to be beautiful! The roses are pretty substantial so they were heavy. The only snafu we had was with hubby's bout. His shirt was silk & thin and the rose was way too heavy. We tried to lighten it up a bit by removing a 'few' petals and it ended up falling apart so needless to say, no flowers for him! 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AMAZING pictures Amy! You looked beautiful on your day :-)

Thanks for sharing the photos.  

So...I wanted to share with you all that we did the legal ceremony on December 23, so I am "officially" Mrs. Davis! We decided to do it before Christmas because his grandfather is very sick so we wanted to make sure he would be able to be a part of the wedding somehow.  

this DOES NOT take away any excitement I have for our March wedding.  The legal courthouse ceremony was a little uneventful, but I know when I hear the vows he has written it will be even more magical.

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season.  

My hubby is so nice, I get to marry him TWICE 12.23.10/03.14.11 cheer2.gif

Hi ladies, I was just looking at the Excellence website and it looks like they've done some upgrading.  I noticed, however, that the wedding packages page now says that in order to qualify for the free wedding you have to book an Excellence Club Room "OCEAN VIEW" for at least 7 nights.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't recall is saying OCEAN VIEW before, and we already booked the GARDEN VIEW.  Is that something that has changed?  We only upgraded to the Excellence Club for that reason.  For those of you who have already had your wedding there, was this the case?  Thank you. 

@fmichelle: I noticed that too! My TA and I have been in contact with Isyuney for about a year and we double checked and they are willing to honor the 7 night thing in a garden view room.  Have you set everything up yet? Get it in writing!!!

What is your ladies' experience with the cake? We just specified our choice with Isyuney the other day and we got one layer of lemon, one almond, one vanilla.  I was a little confused, but it sounded to me like she was saying the FILLING is the flavor and NOT the cake itself.  Anyone who has been there/done that want to chime in on this one with cake suggestions?

Atrott, i dont think i ever thanked you for the pictures?! so sorry about that!

Your pictures are soOoOo lovely! congratulations!

I was wondering if you or ANYONE.. had any recommendations about tipping the vendors? Is it expected to tip how we would here in the states? 15-20% in gratuity?

I'm planning on tipping the WC, DJ, Photographers.. but should i also tip the officiant?

I dont want to under tip i just have no idea what the ettiquette is for tipping overseas!..

thanks!

Originally Posted by Diva View Post

@fmichelle: I noticed that too! My TA and I have been in contact with Isyuney for about a year and we double checked and they are willing to honor the 7 night thing in a garden view room.  Have you set everything up yet? Get it in writing!!!

What is your ladies' experience with the cake? We just specified our choice with Isyuney the other day and we got one layer of lemon, one almond, one vanilla.  I was a little confused, but it sounded to me like she was saying the FILLING is the flavor and NOT the cake itself.  Anyone who has been there/done that want to chime in on this one with cake suggestions?

We did a layer of strawberry & one of lemon. Seems like the cake had a slight flavor to it as well as the filling. Both were very good. I was more partial to the strawberry, it tasted like it had been soaked in strawberry puree or something, it was extremely moist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephany0930 View Post

I was wondering if you or ANYONE.. had any recommendations about tipping the vendors? Is it expected to tip how we would here in the states? 15-20% in gratuity?

I'm planning on tipping the WC, DJ, Photographers.. but should i also tip the officiant?

I dont want to under tip i just have no idea what the ettiquette is for tipping overseas!..

thanks!

So I sent Griselda an email stating exactly what I am expecting to get and at what price and I am hoping to get a response soon so that I do have it in writing, thank you Diva.  I also noticed that it said you also get the free package if you have 5 rooms booked for seven nights at any level and  we have three for 7 nights and then a bunch more rooms for between 4-6 nights.  I really hope it won't be a problem, we're giving them some good business.  I also did the math for the way they're doing it now, and it's so crazy that the price to upgrade to the Excellence Club Ocean View room is like $1500 more for the week is is almost double what you're "saving" on the wedding package.  I think they need to rethink their "deal."  Diva, how did you pick your cake already, it seemed like we will be picking everything there, at least that's how Griselda made it out to be in her emails.  My wedding is after yours, so maybe as we get closer we'll have to make some of those decisions.  We're getting close, how exciting! We're getting married THIS year!

Atrott, not sure if its my computer acting loco but i dont see a response, it says you quoted me but i cant see anything you wrote!

Originally Posted by atrott View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephany0930 View Post

thanks!