I am thinking of planning my own wedding from Seattle and there are couples reason for the obvious, they are expensive and I just read some terrible planner experience.
We are having a small and very intimate wedding with family and very close friends. We are expecting somewhere around 30 people. We'll not have a rehearsal, the way I see, whatever can go wrong, let it be. The party is small enough that we can probably manage unforeseen event on the spot.
We'll not have people sit down during the ceremony, instead all guests will receive a flower lei and gather in a circle around us. We'll have a luau buffet dinner with some performance. During reception, when the performance ended, we'll just play music from my iphone.
For those of you who had a wedding or planning a wedding in Maui, I would appreciated it if you can tell me if I am missing anything here:
- Venue, I am thinking of the plantation house
- florist, I found a local flower farm which is very reasonably priced.
- wedding cake
- Musicians to play during ceremony
- in room Hair/Makeup
- rental company for both ceremony and reception including
- bamboo arch
- buffet tables
- dining tables
- dining chairs
- bar table
- tent lighting
- padded bamboo chairs
- buffet and dining linens
- glassware, tableware, plates etc
- linen napkins
- staff setup, breakdown, clean up
- sound system for playing iphone
- luau performers
- lots of helping hand from bridal party and guests
I appreciated your thoughts and . Thanks.