Photo

Any Laser Hair Removal Experiences?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#51 rbowman

rbowman
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:23 AM

I have had my underarms done and it is truly some of the best money I have ever spent. 

#52 Marlena

Marlena
    • 254 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:53 AM

I've had my underarms done too, and its painless! Where I go, they put the gel on (just like cool ultrasound gel) and the laser has a cooling fan on it that blows onto your skin and it doesn't hurt at all! And best part is, it works! I was too scared to have my bikini done, but I should have just done it.

#53 traceysteve

traceysteve
      • 328 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:33 PM

Thanks for the great reviews ladies. I actually just bought a 6 session package off of Groupon for a place that I was actually pricing. I'm gonna do brazillian and armpits. Can anyone tell me aproximately how long the average session is?

#54 Vettiebean

Vettiebean
        • 165 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

Depends on the person (doing it and getting it done), how much hair you have, etc. I'd say I'm probably done in half an hour (not counting any waiting time). I do underarms, upper lip, and full brazillian. 

Doesn't hurt for me at all. But, they do use the gel, and a lot of times will use a fan type machine (blows cool air on your skin) while they zap you. Even though it doesn't hurt, even I can tell a difference between when they do and don't use the fan. 

Good luck! 

Originally Posted by traceysteve 

Thanks for the great reviews ladies. I actually just bought a 6 session package off of Groupon for a place that I was actually pricing. I'm gonna do brazillian and armpits. Can anyone tell me aproximately how long the average session is?

#55 traceysteve

traceysteve
          • 328 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:34 AM

Thank you vettiebean, I will suck it up and make my first appointment.

#56 skp1

skp1
            • 405 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:10 AM

I think technology has changed a lot.  I had my bikini and underarms done years ago - they actually changed machines midway through and wow, what a difference.  The current lasers cover a much wider area so its soooo much faster.  underarms are like 5 minutes.  The pain definitely increases as you progress in your sessions - they turn up the volume.  I started with my legs about 2 years ago and never finished because my skin holds a tan like you wouldn't believe.  every time I went in they told me to come back in another month - I can only do sessions in the middle of winter and even then I'm sometimes too tan.  It is SOOOOOOO worth it.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#57 MDLady

MDLady
              • 433 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:58 PM

First, you have to see if you are a good candidate for it depending on your skin/hair color.  But I think your results will depend on the place where you get it done.  Some are definitely better than others.

I had my underarms and brazilian done about 3 years ago.  Those lasers were OLD so it took a long time and didn't work that great.  As others have mentioned, my place switched lasers twice during the time that I was going.  I also went to get my legs done last year (still have another session left) and of course that took much longer since there is much more area to cover.  The new lasers cover quite a big "square" instead of almost a dot back in the day.  I did go for a touch-up last year for my underarms and bikini since I still get a few hairs here and there (annoying).  I haven't had perfect results (I'm a perfect candidate, light skin, dark hair) but they are ok.  I was actually planning to ask them to give me a free touch-up for everything since I'm not getting great results.

#58 MDLady

MDLady
                • 433 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ayita 

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cbell
                  I would love to do my bikini area but I'm too chicken, hats off to you ladies that have done that! But I'm curious...when I put the numbing creme on my underarms I had to wrap saran wrap around them to make sure it stayed in contact with my skin and didn't rub off on my clothes. How did you use it for your bikini area?
                  Same thing... you get a roll of suround wrap and you kind of make a big panty by unrolling it between your thighs and going back and forth, and around your waist (and in between your cheeks if you're doing this area too).

Then when you walk it makes a weird noise . Not the best part of the experience The first time I got a nurse to help me with it and then I did it myself.

This made me LOL.  I remember doing that too, it was pretty funny.  I haven't had to do that the last 2 years!  I think they have stronger cooling systems now where lidocaine isn't necessary.

#59 FutureMrsDawson

FutureMrsDawson
                  • 154 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for all the info, I think I'll start small with my underarms and go from there.

#60 JaziandSwag

JaziandSwag
                    • 152 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:41 AM

I want laser!!!  Great idea to do it before getting married!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users