• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#11 rosieposie

rosieposie
  • 649 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 04:24 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by greysgirl
    Ha! I always joked about my Saran Wrap panty making noises when I walked into the office (I had mine done at a plastic surgeon's office). The things we women do for beauty:)

I just rolled out a big section, folded it in half, put it on against my skin in the front, then folded it up like a thong. I then would put on a panty over it to keep it in place. Definitely sexy
    wow, i didn't know you had to cover it - i've only heard of putting the cream on. lol, it would be bad if someone walked in on me doing that in the kitchen

yay! consultation on tuesday!!

#12 cbell

cbell
    • 475 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

Ha ha a saran wrap bikini bottom is awesome...truly hilarious. Good luck at your consultation rosieposie, I'll be tuning in to hear how it goes!!

#13 rosieposie

rosieposie
      • 649 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:16 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by cbell
        Ha ha a saran wrap bikini bottom is awesome...truly hilarious. Good luck at your consultation rosieposie, I'll be tuning in to hear how it goes!!
        Consultation went great! The technician did a test patch and it didn't hurt like I thought it would (though only a small test patch)....but I was expecting torture like waxing sometimes is.

I've decided to start with the bikini and then go for underarms after. I kind of do want to do the upper lip too, but worried about any pigment loss or gain, as I read in the brochure can happen...though they say is very rare.

My first treatment will be next tuesday! They said the numbing cream is optional as they have this cooling tube that blows air out with the laser which helps with the pain. But if I do use it, I would be leaving from work with my saran wrap bikini bottom - hope I don't run into anyone on my way out!

Yay! No more waxing!

#14 Ayita

Ayita
        • 861 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rosieposie
          Consultation went great! The technician did a test patch and it didn't hurt like I thought it would (though only a small test patch)....but I was expecting torture like waxing sometimes is.
          Oh Hellz yeah I forgot to mention this !! For me bikini waxing WAS a torture (systematically bleeding, then ingrown hair etc). In comparison lasering it out was a caress !

Congrats and good luck onyour first treatment !

Remember to get some good rest : it hurts more if you're tired. I went there once after a flight - I was jet lagged - it was horrible !

#15 rosieposie

rosieposie
          • 649 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ayita
            Oh Hellz yeah I forgot to mention this !! For me bikini waxing WAS a torture (systematically bleeding, then ingrown hair etc). In comparison lasering it out was a caress !

Congrats and good luck onyour first treatment !

Remember to get some good rest : it hurts more if you're tired. I went there once after a flight - I was jet lagged - it was horrible !
            SAME! ingrowns are the worse!!! None of those prevention creams worked on that area, and that's a darn sensitive area. And thanks for the tip, will try to sleep earlier the night before :)

#16 rosieposie

rosieposie
            • 649 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:16 PM

OMG some parts on the side areas of the bikini area were painful despite the cream! nothing excruciating, but still painful.

lol, i broke out in sweat part way! But the technician was very good, gave be a break here and there and finished in 1/2 an hour.

the next treatment is supposed to be less painful....i hope they're right. right now i don't think i can do both bikini and underarms in the same treatment.

#17 Ayita

Ayita
              • 861 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
                OMG some parts on the side areas of the bikini area were painful despite the cream! nothing excruciating, but still painful.

lol, i broke out in sweat part way! But the technician was very good, gave be a break here and there and finished in 1/2 an hour.

the next treatment is supposed to be less painful....i hope they're right. right now i don't think i can do both bikini and underarms in the same treatment.
                Lol ! It does get less painful along the way (less hair to remove) but as far as I can remember - not at the second session though I think for me it got easier at the 3rd or 4th, something like that.

Hey you can try to have a glass of wine before getting in ! that could help !

#18 greysgirl

greysgirl
                • 370 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

Quote:

LOL! I remember thinking "Kelly Clarkson! Como se llama!" (like from the wax scene in 40yr old Virgin). I'm glad she gave you a break, and don't worry, I sweat like it's my J-O-B when I get lasered and miss some areas with the cream.

Which cream are you using, BTW? I recommend getting some EMLA cream, which is mixture of lidocaine and prilocaine (2 local anesthetics). It will numb you up quite well if you have it on for an hour prior to the procedure. Your physician should be able to call you in an script for it easily. It worked wonders for me!

Well, I'm glad it went well for you and don't worry, it does get better each time I think.

#19 Ayita

Ayita
                  • 861 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:29 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by greysgirl
                    LOL! I remember thinking "Kelly Clarkson! Como se llama!" (like from the wax scene in 40yr old Virgin). I'm glad she gave you a break, and don't worry, I sweat like it's my J-O-B when I get lasered and miss some areas with the cream.

Which cream are you using, BTW? I recommend getting some EMLA cream, which is mixture of lidocaine and prilocaine (2 local anesthetics). It will numb you up quite well if you have it on for an hour prior to the procedure. Your physician should be able to call you in an script for it easily. It worked wonders for me!

Well, I'm glad it went well for you and don't worry, it does get better each time I think.
                    EMLA ! This is what I was using too !

#20 cbell

cbell
                    • 475 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

Congrats rosieposie you survived your first session!!! At least the 2nd time around you'll know what to expect and the fallout from this session will make you want to go back and struggle through it. As long as you slather on that cream your underarms shouldn't be as bad, good luck, can't wait to hear how this all turns out for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users