Photo

Don't know where to get married in Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 andretti

andretti
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out where is the best place to get married in Playa. Have been to a huge all inclusive there but really want something more intimate. Nothing less than a four star but not too pricey either. Looking to have about 30 to 40 guests and most places say they accommodate 10 for the wedding? We really need help as people are understandably on us about a date and a place as they need to plan. This is my second marriage but my fiance has never been married, we are in our 40's and a want a nice, simple but beautiful wedding with the emphasis on the party after! Any suggestions will be gratefully received! Thanks.

#2 JanineA

JanineA
    • 2,482 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum. I can't help suggest a place but there aer tons of Mexico/riviera Maya brides, why not check out that section for some suggestions. Happy planning!

#3 Mischaka

Mischaka
      • 969 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

congrats and welcome!! for all that you are asking it might be best to get a Travel Agent. A travel agent can give you alot more info based on what you are looking for. I'm not help considering I did an eenie meenie minny moe with my choices. lol

good luck and happy planning!!

#4 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
        • 1,098 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Welcome! Keep reading the individual forums and eventually you'll get a "feel" for something. A travel agent is helpful too (see the banner at the top of your screen for BDW-affiliated agents with LOTS of DW experience!). Good luck and happy planning!
          Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
          Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
          http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
          Leftover Wedding Items FS:
          http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#5 Lilly1983

Lilly1983
          • Site Supporter
          • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Welcome to the forum Andretti. If you like intimate atmosphere, check out Blue Tulum, its small but all inclusive resort in Tulum. There are many postings about Blue Tulum here. Hope it helps!

#6 rkf1046

rkf1046
            • 85 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by andretti
              Hi all, I'm trying to figure out where is the best place to get married in Playa. Have been to a huge all inclusive there but really want something more intimate. Nothing less than a four star but not too pricey either. Looking to have about 30 to 40 guests and most places say they accommodate 10 for the wedding? We really need help as people are understandably on us about a date and a place as they need to plan. This is my second marriage but my fiance has never been married, we are in our 40's and a want a nice, simple but beautiful wedding with the emphasis on the party after! Any suggestions will be gratefully received! Thanks.
              Welcome!! Definitely check out the Riviera Maya section on this site - it is so informative! Also weddingsmexico.com helped me out a lot too. It gave a lot of information that you couldn't find out from hotel websites unless you reached out to the coordinator. Hope this helps! Happy planning!

#7 msglave

msglave
              • 933 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hi! Welcome to the forum. Everyone here is so helpful. I'm getting married in December in Riviera Maya. There is a thread on here for RM brides. You should find pretty good info. there. Congrats & Happy planning!
                The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
                Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
                www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#8 jaynreneewed

jaynreneewed
                • 184 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

you can narrow your choices by things like: adults only or kids friendly resort, all inclusive or not. I'm getting married at Dream Tulum and so far i am very happy with my decision

#9 Mere

Mere
                  • 729 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

Congratulations to you! Welcome to the forum! The search function is so helpful! Once I booked my resort, everything else just fell into place. Good Luck! Happy Planning!

#10 karielk

karielk
                    • 177 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

Welcome! Yes, the RM forum should help you, and you might also check the wedding reviews section once you have some resorts in mind. As for the wedding numbers, I think most of those resorts that say 10 may be referring to the number of guests included in the package, but you can usually add more guests for a per person fee.

Have you considered a travel agent? They can be helpful for matching you with resorts that fit your needs. Good luck with your planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users