• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,569 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

I had a sybolic ceremony in Cabo with Marco Arechiga (member of this site). ALL of the guests said it was the best ceremony they ever heard and attended!!! GET HIM IF YOU CAN!! you can PM for his emila address.

Additionally, when we got home from Cabo we went to City Hall and applied for the marriage license, had a judge sign it and turned it back in. No additional ceremony needed. So it wasnt wierd at all just a matter of getting the paperwork.

#12 bride7474

• 582 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by MissWarren
      Which minister in Cabo are you using?

Thank you!
      We're using Marco Arechiga

#13 sunnymylene

• 65 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

Thank you all for you input !

it turns out that our date falls close to holidays and won't be able to be there 4 full business before the wedding date... (although we will have been in the resort for 5 days)  By default, we'll have to do a symbolic ceremony. It seems ridiculous to me that the resort is only able to perform symbolic ceremonies during the first week of january. That's Mexico... Jamaica only requires one day prior to the wedding date... DR no required waiting period...

#14 calicat

• 29 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

That actually makes me feel really great.  I had thought that when you get your license back in the US that you still had to repeat some vows.  I want the symbolic ceremony to be the only one that feels "real."

#15 Ashley1987

• 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

What is the date you celebrate you anniversary Symbolic or Legal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users