Sign in to follow this  
Oryx

February, 2011 brides!

Yay, congrats!!!  How is everyone's planning going?  I'm currently trying to lose a few pounds before my dress fitting.  Damned summer BBQs and beer....

Hi,

I'm thinking about a wedding at Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana.  Anyone heard good or bad things about having a wedding there?  I saw that an extra $300 fee is required for a "legal" ceremony, does every resort charge that?  Also, I read that you have to be in teh DR for three business days before you can get married, is that what others have found as well?

Thanks for the help!

Abbs

Its a law in Mexico in regards to the 3 business days. You will find that everywhere down their. Also, I am getting married at Palace Resorts. We also have to pay a $300 fee. I believe it is to pay the offical for coming and marring you. It doesnt go to the hotel.

Hi Girls!!!

I'm not a DR bride but I am getting married Feb 2011.  We are going to Cuba - Holguin.  We have 33 ppl booked, I have my dress and shoes.  Still need to get jewelry.  We are doing the non legal ceremony and getting married shortly before we go.  I still have to decide on favors.  Not sure what to do.  I was thinking of doing a donation to the Cancer Society.  Can't believe that it is coming up so quickly.  Happy planning everyone cheer2.gif

Natie1971 and Skadow we are wedding date triplets!! How goes the planning?

We are at 50 booked which far surpassed our expectations!! We are thrilled to have that many people joining us on our special day but I am a little stressed because I wanted to do OOT bags but doing them for 50 people might be a bit pricey?? What do others think about this? Any suggestions??

I am for sure doing OOT bags for 37 people which is really about 16 bags.  I am sure they will be over flowing once I get them packed for my Feb 1, 2011 wedding.  I am borrowing family's suitcases to bring them down for me.  I have been finding deals on items all year long but will have lots of left overs because some cancelled.

I have flip flops, slippers for some, cups, sleep masks, note books, gum, toys for kids, bath products, room key holders, pashminas, facecloths wrapped like cupcakes, tatoos, hand sanitizer, welcome cards and a few other things I can remember. oh and a magazine I am designing for the flight with travel details, games, photos, itinerary..

You don't need to do a lot. I just got started way too early and forgot everything I already purchased. Some are doing thermal mugs only which is smart or just a few well needed items.  There is a thread with other OOT bag items and what was most popular.  I had most fun with the OOT bags because I am so thankful they are all coming.

Hey ladies, how is everyone doing?  I can't believe how quickly time has went by!  Is anyone freaking out?  Are you all ready to go?  I just got my travel mugs yesterday and I just need a few more things for my OOT bags.  Next, I need to figure out the wedding day timeline and stuff like that.  It seems like I was more organized a few months ago, and now the wedding is almost here and I'm scrambling!  But I'm sure it will all be good...

Well... It's less than a month until we get married and everything was fine, I wasn't nervous and everything is done...Until last week.  I hadn't wanted an engagement ring.  I just wanted a plain band.  He surprises me with this!!!!

yhst-56748171645658_2138_72774121.jpg

NOW I'm getting nervous.  I'm afraid I'm forgetting something, and we have less than a month to go.  Funny how something sparkly can totally play with your head!

I love him and love the ring he chose for me!  I'm a lucky girl!!!