February, 2011 brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keight View Post
I see several brides have booked their weddings at the Majestic Colonial! We've also been looking at this resort and the Dreams resort. How do you choose!? Would anyone mind providing reasons why you chose your particular resort!

Thanks!
I had a friend recommend the Majestic Elegance but thought the Colonial was just as nice and a bit more affordable. I read 100's of reviews on Trip Advisor, they had so many excellent reviews that I just really wanted to be there. I also found several brides here or on facebook that had great comments about their weddings. It really seems to be a wedding destination resort. There may be a wedding everyday but I'm sure they will make mine special and unique.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ladies! How's everyone doing? I just talked to my travel agent and she just got back from the majestic colonial and she said it was AMAZING!! Everything was wonderful, the food was fantastic, and the rooms were beautiful. She even said that the resort was operating at 103% capacity but it didn't feel crowded... there were no line ups at the buffet and no fighting for lounge chairs. I feel pretty good about my choice... I would have looked into the Elegance as well, but I have heard it is not very kid friendly and I have a few people with children.

Good luck!

I got the prices for our flight/resort. What are your thoughts?

1732 incl tax. I want to book soon to guarantee seats and rooms but I was hoping for a lower price. I'm sure the flight won't be a problem if we wait a bit, it's flying direct from my small city but I'm worried about waiting to book the resort.

What prices do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YIweddings View Post
I got the prices for our flight/resort. What are your thoughts?
1732 incl tax. I want to book soon to guarantee seats and rooms but I was hoping for a lower price. I'm sure the flight won't be a problem if we wait a bit, it's flying direct from my small city but I'm worried about waiting to book the resort.

What prices do you have?
Hey YIweddings,

I'm not sure what a decent price would be from Thunder Bay... I would expect it might be a little more than Toronto. We are aiming for $1500 - $1550 from Toronto. My travel agent has put in another request for a quote and she said that she's confident she can get something close to my goal for next week. I hope she's right... fingers crossed! It's such a stressful thing to decide when to lock in a rate... I hope we can book by early June.

Our price is a little pricey- $1819 taxes incl. Flying out of Pearson (Toronto). We are staying at the Paradisus Punta Cana. I decided on this resort soley based on pictures. When I read the reviews everyone seemed to love the resort and not many people mentioned being sick. One of the Dreams resorts had a few more people mention getting sick and I can't chance that because my mom will just be finishing up a type of cancer treatment she is on.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my prices and paid 35 deposits. I'm concerned because I originally could only pay for 25 deposits but expected around 35. I can cancel 20% but cannot add more at the group rate. I was able to get the deposit lowered to add more guests. Now if anyone says they can't come and I lose any deposit $ I will be inviting some of you!! Any above the 35 I booked will have to pay more or find a deal.

Not a terrible price of $1734 incl tax. with Westjet Vacations. This is their first time flying direct without a charter company from Thunder Bay so they are being a bit cautious.

I've also asked for a specific building so we'll see if that works.

Invites will go to print this week.

YIweddings,

Hang in there, people need a little gentle reminders every....day (lol) that they need to book!

We had the same thing, but not on the same scale as you, we booked through air canada vacations, and had to secure 10 deposits of $150 each to secure the rate. We paid it up front, and sent a mass text message & email advising people to book by such and such date. We had 13 booked by our cut off date so we were good to go!!

For us, flights out of Winnipeg cost $2050.00 taxes in for one week at the Majestic Elegance, which is on par with our estimate of $2000.00. Some people did have somethig to say about the rate, but you know what, it's our wedding, they have to realize you are't going to stay in a dump!!

Plus we told everyone a year ago what our plan was, and the projected cost, so in all fairness they were warned!!!! lol

Just hang in there, things will come together!

Hey ladies,

My prices are still coming in at around $1620 (taxes in) from Toronto. I was hoping to get something closer to $1500, but it looks like that might not happen in time. YIweddings -- your rate is looking pretty great from Thunder Bay! I hope you get enough people. Jenn -- congrats on getting your group booked as well. I'm getting anxious to book something soon!

• 3 weeks later...