Photo

Photography packages

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bethtamar

bethtamar
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:15 PM

I am not sure if there is a thread for this already, but we are trying to figure out our photography package, and we are not sure what is "normal." Right now our quote is based on 6 hours, 500 proofs on a CD, and 140 retouched and complied into a slideshow set to music. Does this sound like a good amount? Has anyone regretted not ordering a larger package?
    Beth and Jason
    May 25, 2008
    Nuevo Vallarta

#2 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
    • 2,171 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

Hey Beth!

The proofs that are on a CD, are they really hi-res images that you can print out, or that is just how you look at the images to select for pictures to buy in the future? If they are just proofs, then essentially in that package, you are not getting any hard copies to go in your hand. if they are high res images then make sure you do have permission to print them wherever you want and distribute them to your friends and family. The slideshow is a great idea, and I do highly recommend it. Just check into what youre actually getting on the CD! Good Luck and Happy Planning. If you have any other questions, post them here or you can always PM me!

Have a happy day!
      Robyn

#3 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

I'm not sure what is "normal" either. So far with our photographer we've got 6 hours of shoot time, including pre-wedding prep, ceremony, group/romantic shots and reception. In our package it also includes this awesome photo book where the "best" pics get put in and a proof book. I also wanted a cd with every shot put on there but that is extra. Me and my FI agreed that we wanted the photography to be fantabulous and are willing to pay the money. It's probably one of our biggest expenses but after seeing our photographers' work we know it will be money well spent.

#4 bethtamar

bethtamar
        • 74 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I was definitely not specific enough in the last post. Here is exactly what we have been told (I just cut it from the email our Wedding Coordinator sent):

6 hours of digital coverage
          500-600 high resolution proof images with color correction on cd
          Your option to select 140 of the above proofs for complete edition and retouching
          Powerpoint slideshow musically edited

Does this sound like enough photos?
          Beth and Jason
          May 25, 2008
          Nuevo Vallarta

#5 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
          • 2,171 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:50 PM

Hey Beth,

Yes. Generally speaking you sould get anywhere from 50-100 photos per 1 hr... so if you are getting 500-600 for 6 hrs of coverage, that does sound about right!

Hope this helps :)
            Robyn

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Robyn Mumford
              Hey Beth,

Yes. Generally speaking you sould get anywhere from 50-100 photos per 1 hr... so if you are getting 500-600 for 6 hrs of coverage, that does sound about right!

Hope this helps :)
              Robyn

Good to know! Thanks!

#7 robindepaula

robindepaula
              • Banned
              • 514 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

That does sound about right for that amount of coverage. If you have any other photography questions, feel free to ask.

#8 smwatson

smwatson
                • 127 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:17 AM

Your quote does sound about right. Let me know if are still wanting to shop around and I can send you info on some photographers and videographers that are doing some great specials for DW.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users