Photo

Married Chicas - what is your new name???

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 sbg75

sbg75
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:16 AM

I always said I would never change my name as I really like my last name. But he was adamant that he wouldn't take my last name and I really didn't want our son to have a different name to me or his father.

So I decided that I would change my name but I really really disliked his last name! After much discussion we decided that we would both change our names! His father was an a*hole and walked out when he was little, so to have a name the same as him (his parents were never married) didn't make sense anyway. He's kept the name as an additional middle name anyway and he's changed his surname to his mother's maiden name - which we both like.

I will keep my surname as another middle name and take on his new name. Unfortunately we couldn't double barrel as my surname doesn't go with anything!!

#32 ReganP

ReganP
    • 29 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by sbg75 

I always said I would never change my name as I really like my last name. But he was adamant that he wouldn't take my last name and I really didn't want our son to have a different name to me or his father.

So I decided that I would change my name but I really really disliked his last name! After much discussion we decided that we would both change our names!

Great idea! I feel like if you both change your last names then it isn't like one of you is being absorbed by the other one or the other family, but like you're both starting a new chapter. Plus, then no one has to have a name they don't like!

#33 sbg75

sbg75
      • 151 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thanks ReganP, I like the idea of starting a new chapter. It did cause some controversy with some of his friends and family, which I think was more of a macho thing than anything - but they have got used to the idea. Funnily enough it's me that finds it hardest to think of him by his new name as I don't really use it in any real context at the moment. Think it will be easier when I am Mrs X :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users