Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace Wedding Coordinator Questions


  • Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#101 CynLovesLuis

CynLovesLuis
  • Banned
  • 223 posts

    Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:48 AM


    Super helpful Jenn, thanks!!
     

    Originally Posted by JennW818 

    Here are some more questions and answers from my WC:

     

    1) Could you please tell me what standard decor for the ceremony comes with the complimentary package?  

     White avant garde chairs, and in the case of the beach Wedding the white linnens for the huppah. 
    2) What optional decor/flowers arrangements can I purchase for the ceremony site on the beach?

    We have  flower arrangements for starting prices of $89usd, table top arrangements (set of two) for a starting price of $180 usd, the hole beach decoration (linens and flowers for huppah)  for $770usd. Please note prices depend of the kind of flowers and sizes, and that these prices I give you are subject to change fot next year.
    3) What flower & cake options will I have with the complimentary package? 

    Included with the the complimentary package you have a bridal bouquet roses or lilies, a groom's boutonnier rose or lily, a round cake with sugar flowers for up to 35 people (you can see a picture of the cake at http://www.palaceres...mplimentary.asp). You can upgrade you cake or add on natural flowers, you just let us know and we'll qu
    4) What upgrades are available for flowers and cakes?

    We have a wide variety of bouquets, boutonniers, corsages, bride's maids bouquets, centerpieces, table top arrangements and cake option to choose from if you want to upgrade. Also, if you have something particulary in mind you alredy saw on a magazine or friends wedding you'll be able to send a picture or describe it to your WC and she'll quote on that.
    5) What is the standard decor included with private events?

     White linens, hight tables for cocktails (also w/white linens). 
    6) What linen options are available for rent?

     We have several options to choose from, you'll be able to browse our catalogue once you come to your meeting with your WC onsite. Or if you already have something in mind we could check ahead on it. 
    7) What are the live musician options and prices for both the ceremony and the private events?

    We have soloists (guitar,violin, harp...), Mariachi, Mexican Trio, etc. Please check the file attached to this email and remember prices are subject to change for next year. 
    Are there any additional set up charges I should plan for?  

     For example if you are bringing place cards, favours, or any kind of decor you would like your WC to set up for you at the ceremony, restaurant, and/or private events an extra charge of $55 usd applies per event. Also, as you will see in the private event info, for any rooftop terraces an aditional $12usd charge per person applies.
    9) How far in advance can I reserve appoints at the spa/salon?

     For beauty salon & spa appointments please contact Reyna Nunez at renunez@palaceresorts.com, she'll be more than happy to help you on this matter.
    10) Will the sound system be available for the ceremony?

     There's CD system available for the ceremony, you can bring a CD with 4 or 5 tracks for your ceremony or an ipod. 



    Attached Files



    #102 cgeris

    cgeris
    • Jr. Member
    • 159 posts

      Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:43 AM

      Hello ladies! I'm getting married at MP on 2/19/11- all the info everyone has provided is so helpful!

       

      A couple of questions:

      1.  Is anyone here NOT doing a cocktail hour and/or reception after their ceremony? My fiance and I are planning a pretty hefty party for when we get back for everyone who wasn't able to make it (which is costing quite a bit!).  We weren't planning on paying for any substantial extras at MP -- just wondering if anyone else is doing that or is a cocktail hour/reception the way to go?

       

      2.  Has anyone found out more info about the quality of the photographers at MP? We are having a photographer for our at home celebration and haven't decided how big of a package we wanted to get at MP (it's like planning two weddings!).  Any info about quality of photographers/cost would be great!

       

      Thanks!



      #103 skadow

      skadow
      • Banned
      • 1,853 posts

        Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:03 AM


        I have the following document if it helps. My wedding cordinator sent it to me about decor =)

         

         

         

         

         

         

        I know its for Aventura, and has about 10 pages of locations that do not apply to you guys, BUT! It also has about 10 pages on optional flowers and decor you can get.
         

        Originally Posted by JennW818 

        Here are some more questions and answers from my WC:

         

        1) Could you please tell me what standard decor for the ceremony comes with the complimentary package?  

         White avant garde chairs, and in the case of the beach Wedding the white linnens for the huppah. 
        2) What optional decor/flowers arrangements can I purchase for the ceremony site on the beach?

        We have  flower arrangements for starting prices of $89usd, table top arrangements (set of two) for a starting price of $180 usd, the hole beach decoration (linens and flowers for huppah)  for $770usd. Please note prices depend of the kind of flowers and sizes, and that these prices I give you are subject to change fot next year.
        3) What flower & cake options will I have with the complimentary package? 

        Included with the the complimentary package you have a bridal bouquet roses or lilies, a groom's boutonnier rose or lily, a round cake with sugar flowers for up to 35 people (you can see a picture of the cake at

        Hi ya - so glad someone thought to start this thread.  Anyone else feel uber helpless doing this from afar?

         

        P.S. I have emailed Matt at Del Sol to see if it is true.  I have booked La Luna which is a different branch of his business.  It would be awesome if they have a little more acceptace there of outside vendors.



        Attached Files



        #104 mochamakes3

        mochamakes3
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,917 posts

          Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:48 AM

          Here's a link I found in another post that has pictures and videos from the Moon Palace vendors.

           

           

          http://www.palacephotography.pa.kz/



          #105 JennW818

          JennW818
          • Jr. Member
          • 267 posts

            Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:16 AM

            Thanks for this.  I love looking at MP pictures!

             

            Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

            Here's a link I found in another post that has pictures and videos from the Moon Palace vendors.

             

             

            http://www.palacephotography.pa.kz/




            Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

            #106 CynLovesLuis

            CynLovesLuis
            • Banned
            • 223 posts

              Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

              I just got the following responses and I'm having a cow because i've read plenty of people be allowed to bring outside vendors with just a day pass and lo and behold now it's a "one night stay"

               

              Hi Cristina

              I know I have sent you some emails before and that you are busy...so I don't mean to rush you with another email. Whenever you have a chance to answer me about this one, I'd appreciate it.

              I will be having a photographer and DJ come in to do my wedding- day passes are sufficient for them to be allowed through with no problem, correct?

              No at least they have to stayed one night at the resort

              Thanks so much for these, could you also send me the Complimentary package options? Please find attached

              I just wanted to let you know that I am planning to have a cocktail hour after my ceremony in the Capilla...could you please reserve the chapel garden area for this cocktail hour? Yes you have reserved

               For the 22 Art Terrace

               For the 23 Capilla for ceremony

                          Capilla Garden for the Cocktail after the ceremony

                          Star Ballroom  

               So it would begin at 5pm... I would not want another person's wedding to interrupt the cocktail hour....or for the cocktail hour to interrupt anyone else's ceremony in the chapel. So I am not sure how this is handled usually, but I would think that another wedding could not be scheduled at the Capilla at 5pm because of my cocktail hour... Can you let me know if this is possible please? Yes  no problem we usually give 2 hours between each wedding location



              #107 JennW818

              JennW818
              • Jr. Member
              • 267 posts

                Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

                I was afraid of that as well.  My TA told me just to book a room night stay for the photographer.  What are you going to do? 


                Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

                #108 skadow

                skadow
                • Banned
                • 1,853 posts

                  Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

                  Hmm who is your photographer? Sometimes the outside vendor had to be approved. Which is different the preferred. From what I understand preferred means no day pass needed. Approved means no room needed, but day pass is needed. And everything else? Well is confusing =)

                   

                  Also, try speaking to your coordinator in Miami Vs at the Resort. I think they have higher authority.

                   

                  I know I had a bad experiene with Deco Cancun and was able to get another company approved. But I do have to buy day passes for them.



                  #109 CynLovesLuis

                  CynLovesLuis
                  • Banned
                  • 223 posts

                    Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:09 PM



                    I booked Gonzalo Nunez and I"m pumped!! Have no clude if he's preferred or just approved or neither! Who are you using instead of Deco Cancun?

                    Originally Posted by skadow 

                    Hmm who is your photographer? Sometimes the outside vendor had to be approved. Which is different the preferred. From what I understand preferred means no day pass needed. Approved means no room needed, but day pass is needed. And everything else? Well is confusing =)

                     

                    Also, try speaking to your coordinator in Miami Vs at the Resort. I think they have higher authority.

                     

                    I know I had a bad experiene with Deco Cancun and was able to get another company approved. But I do have to buy day passes for them.





                    #110 skadow

                    skadow
                    • Banned
                    • 1,853 posts

                      Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

                      Oh Hmmm..You actaully might be able to get him approved. He is from the area and is know. Congrats! I really don't know if I would ask though. You might be better of just buying a day passes and acting dumb. I find it easier to Ask for Forgiveness then For Approval sometimes.

                       

                      I am using

                       

                      Perla Cervantes Moreno

                      “El Arte de Transformar tu Evento”

                      Tel: 52 (998) 875 3195

                      Cel: 52 (998) 147 6502

                      ID: 92*1020601*1

                      Fax: 52 (998) 251 8749

                      E-mail:  perla@alquimiaevents.com

                      Website: http://www.alquimiaevents.com 

                       

                      BUT! I cant say wiether or not they are good yet. My event is in Feb. I will post a review thought, either way. I hope they are good. The women is a doll to work with. AND she gets back to me daiily <3






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users