Moon Palace Wedding Coordinator Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh17 View Post
The free tours are for all guests (not just wedding guests) that stay 3 nights or more at any Palace hotel. They give you all the information upon check-in (or I'm sure you can ask them about it ahead of time too). The booking enough room nights is only applicable to the free wedding stuff.
omg thanks so much! I had no idea and was stressing over cost 'cause I wanted to do excursions w/ my guest but was hoping to cover the costs of at least one (which can be horribly expensive for a wedding group!).
We're all staying at least 3 nights too! This is just what I needed, I've been stressed/downer for the last 2 days over wedding stuff. THANK YOU!

I thought since we were booking through a discount website we wouldn't qualify, so this is killer news.smile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravywedding View Post
A lot of Tue brides mentioned trouble for transportation from airport to MP. Does the resort have a shuttle?
I know our guests are all set up with a shuttle. I think the biggest issue is waiting for the shuttle to fill up as they don't make single trips. The shuttle will stop at several resort but MP is the closest so it should be the first stop. I think if you have to wait a while at the airport, it would be frustrating as the actual shuttle ride will only be 15 mins. Waiting for the shuttle is the worst b/c you are so excited to be there and you just want to get to the resort and get out in the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_c View Post
omg thanks so much! I had no idea and was stressing over cost 'cause I wanted to do excursions w/ my guest but was hoping to cover the costs of at least one (which can be horribly expensive for a wedding group!).
We're all staying at least 3 nights too! This is just what I needed, I've been stressed/downer for the last 2 days over wedding stuff. THANK YOU!

I thought since we were booking through a discount website we wouldn't qualify, so this is killer news.smile159.gif
I hope it's the right information. We booked through MP since my parents are members and get discounted rates. You should probably doublecheck with your WC. There are some exceptions in the fine print on the Passport to Savings page--hopefully you don't fall into those exceptions.

Quote:
I hope it's the right information. We booked through MP since my parents are members and get discounted rates. You should probably doublecheck with your WC. There are some exceptions in the fine print on the Passport to Savings page--hopefully you don't fall into those exceptions.
Aww nuts, I was excited and told my guests, but they shouldn't be too disappointed if we don't get them. It would be a nice perk tho. The palace site said it was not for "Famtrips, Travel Agent, employee rates, Complimentary, Incentive or Compensatory stays."

Whats a Famtrip, do weddings count? I also think most brides used TA's and they seem to be getting the free tours. Fingers crossed I guess.

I actually have 3 rooms booked through RCI timeshare for my family. You get the palace passport with all the tours and discounts if you prepay the all inclusive fee. My TA checked and anyone who is staying 3 nights or more gets the passport included automatically. I emailed her b/c there was a bride on here(futuremrsmoulto) that said she had to go to a presentation to get the tours and fight but my TA contacted the WC who said that is a scam if you go to the wrong people and you have to make sure to go to the Moon Palace Tours office and not to any of the other vendors.

The all inclusive fee through the timeshare is still pretty steep but it is about $1000 cheaper for everybody- $1900 for a week for 2 people!!! If you put extra people they charge $652 each... so it is still MUCH cheaper. I don't think my family could have afforded to go otherwise. Keep in mind though that we have to use our timeshare points and pay the maintenance fee so it probably equals out, lol!

but back to the Wedding Coordinator questions... any more responses? I am DYING to see the sapphire package info. I emailed my WC b/c my wedding is in 88 days now :-) so I am awaiting her response. How did they contact you did they send a hello email or anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
I actually have 3 rooms booked through RCI timeshare for my family. You get the palace passport with all the tours and discounts if you prepay the all inclusive fee. My TA checked and anyone who is staying 3 nights or more gets the passport included automatically. I emailed her b/c there was a bride on here(futuremrsmoulto) that said she had to go to a presentation to get the tours and fight but my TA contacted the WC who said that is a scam if you go to the wrong people and you have to make sure to go to the Moon Palace Tours office and not to any of the other vendors.

The all inclusive fee through the timeshare is still pretty steep but it is about $1000 cheaper for everybody- $1900 for a week for 2 people!!! If you put extra people they charge $652 each... so it is still MUCH cheaper. I don't think my family could have afforded to go otherwise. Keep in mind though that we have to use our timeshare points and pay the maintenance fee so it probably equals out, lol!

but back to the Wedding Coordinator questions... any more responses? I am DYING to see the sapphire package info. I emailed my WC b/c my wedding is in 88 days now :-) so I am awaiting her response. How did they contact you did they send a hello email or anything?

Slapsappyhappy:
I was actually wondering about the whole RCI timeshare thing...maybe you can help me out...

my parents have enough points to get two rooms i believe...so i was wondering if how much the all inclusive food and drink package would be for each person that is using the timeshare. you mentioned a few prices above, but i'm not sure i completely understood...sorry. if you can break it down for me, that would be super helpful! I'm trying to figure out how it will affect our budget since my FI and I are going to pick up that cost for them! Thanks!!!

Here is what the site says:

Urgent Information:

MANDATORY 7 DAYS ALL INCLUSIVE PROGRAM. ALL FEES ARE PER ROOM PER WEEK IN DOUBLE OR SINGLE OCCUPANCY. 2010 FEES: JAN01-APR10 US$2,346, APR11-AUG21 US$1,907, AUG22-DEC16 US$1,816. WKS 51 & 52 US$3,239. KIDS 4-17 US$329. ADDITIONAL ADULT US$657 PER WEEK.

2011 FEES: JAN01-APR30 US$2,456, MAY01-AUG20 US$2,008. AUG21-DEC15 US$1,924, WKS 51-53 US$3,296. KIDS 4-17 US$341, ADDITIONAL ADULT US$668 PER WEEK

PALACE OWNERS CANT EXCHANGE INTO PALACE PROPERTIES THRU RCI

*EVEN IF STAYING LESS THAN 7 DAYS, THE FULL WEEKLY FEE MUST BE PAID* INCLUDES FROM/TO HOTEL-AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION *MBR.WILL RECEIVE A CALL FROM PALACE RSTS.ALL INCLUSIVE DEPTFOR THE AI FEE. FOR ANY QUESTION PLS CALL1-866-437-5817** **2010 SUMMER PROMO, 2 KIDS 4-12 YRS OLD FREE IN SAME ROOM FROM JUN04-AUG31 (CHECK OUT), 2010**

My Miami WC emailed me the Sapphire package info. PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
I finally received some answers from my WC. Here are my questions/answers that I thought others might be interested in.

Q: How many roses are in the complimentary Bridal Bouquet and what colors are available?
A: About 20-25 roses and you decide the color of the roses. There are ivory, hot pink, light pink, yellow, orange, white, red.

Q: What is the cost for rose petals and how many are included per bag? What colors are available?
A: $35 USD and it will be good enough for 20-25 guests. There are ivory, hot pink, light pink, yellow, orange, white, red.

Q: Is the Mexican trio a singing group?
A: Yes, they sing and play 3 different kind of guitars

Q: Does the Mexican trio and/or the Mariachi Band play traditional songs during the processional, the walk down the aisle, etc.?
A: They can play the wedding march, but they usually play Mexican music.

Q: Do you have samples of their music?
A: I have a CD of the Mariachi, but no samples of the Mexican trio. You can listen to their CD during our meeting.

Q: What is the cost per umbrella (for shade at the cocktail hour)? And How many will be needed for a group around 30?
A: $25/umbrella. 3 or 4 umbrellas for that size group.

Q: Can we mingle in the wedding Gazebo during the cocktail hour after the wedding?
A: I'm afraid gazebos are only for ceremonies. The cocktail will be set up on the terrace. If you prefer we can set up the cocktail in a ballroom too.

Q: Can substitutions be made in the hors dâ€oeuvres menus?
A: We can not mix the menus. If you want I can only add one element from another menu to the menu you choose.

Q: Are there ballrooms available with windows?
A: The Aqua Ballroom is the only ballroom that has a window.

Q: If we choose one of the wedding packages, can we choose items (like bouquets or cakes) from different packages priced the same?
A: I am afraid we can not mix the items included with other wedding collections.

Q: Are plated meals available instead of buffet? What are the options there? Could each guest choose what they want off a pre-set menu?
A: I have attached the served dinner menu. Usually everybody eat the same. If you will choose different entrées you have to tell me in advance the exact number of entrée and make place card and mark them with colors so the waiters will know who is eating what.

Q: Can I get the layers of the cake in different flavors?
A: Yes.
super good information to keep. thanks for sharing!
  • Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison15 View Post
I know our guests are all set up with a shuttle. I think the biggest issue is waiting for the shuttle to fill up as they don't make single trips. The shuttle will stop at several resort but MP is the closest so it should be the first stop. I think if you have to wait a while at the airport, it would be frustrating as the actual shuttle ride will only be 15 mins. Waiting for the shuttle is the worst b/c you are so excited to be there and you just want to get to the resort and get out in the sun!

I know that you can arrange your airport transfers through MP. You can go onto their website for reservations. I think it's $10 per person.