Need a little help pulling together the attire/colors!!!

I'm really struggling with the wedding attire here ladies!!

My dress is strapless with an ivory silk under layer and diamond white lace over it. My original color scheme was fuschia and grey....while doing my shopping and planning I found myself drawn to the damask pattern, so I have decided to incorporate hints of that into my wedding as well.

I have 4 bridesmaids and have decided not to pick out their dresses for them...one of them chose a black dress, another choose a dress with the damask pattern:

White House | Black Market - Diamond Rose Dress

another choose a fuchsia dress.

I am also having my kids walk down the isle together (15 yr old daughter and 5 year old son.)

So my first question is...should I have the fourth girl choose a gray dress and my daughter a white or ivory dress to incorporate all of the colors? And will it look strange with only one girl wearing a print?

My second question is...since my dress is both ivory and white...what color top should the guys wear? White or ivory?? And would it look weird if my fiance wore black linen pants and the rest of the guys wore gray?

I'm not the best at details and I'm just trying to figure out how to pull this all together nicely....any thoughts?? I'm running out of time and getting kinda stressed by this!!

Ok, I thought about this for a while. Personally, I think it is really neat to have all the girls wearing different dresses, that is really neat! And my color scheme is somewhat like yours, fuschia, black with some silver incorporated. (Girls in different black dresses)

You could have the fourth wear either silver, gray or another black. With the girls all different, I definitely would try to have the guys look similar. btw, good luck finding gray linen pants if you want them, you have to search but they are out there. I originally wanted my GM's to wear white shirts and gray linen pants its very clean and sharp(FI is wearing a light gray cotton suit with white shirt). But we ended up with the opposite (white pants, gray shirt). You could definitely do something like that and then incorporate the fuschia with ties or bouts. And, finally, the guys do not have to wear the same thing as your hubby, but again, imo try to keep them looking the same otherwise it might look chaotic up there.

What do you think so far? Hope it helps

For the guys: I would decide white vs ivory depending on which is the dominant color of your dress. It's hard to tell which shows more from the description.

For the girls: I think it's a great idea to have the different colors and some plain some patterned if you can tie all of the girls together somehow. For example, maybe have the girl in fushia wear a damask sash and have a damask purse for the girl in black. Or have fushia ribbon around the non-fushia girls' bouquets. I love that you gave them an option to do whatever they want, and I definitely don't think they have to match, they just all have to not clash. Having the girls wear a brooch (if you can find one that's saucy and not granny) would be another cool way to help them flow together.

I think it would be cool if your daughter could find a dress that some how incorporates the black, pattern, fushia, and grey, because she seems like she might be too old to be monochromatic with the bride (to clarify: I think a 5 y/o can get away with wearing white to a wedding because she's small, cute, and the flower girl; a 15 y/o seems more bridesmaid age and might be distracting from the bride a bit).

Really, I think you can do whatever colors/patterns/accessories you and your girls like best. My only major advice would be to have a common thread so they look like cool, fun, and unique bridesmaids instead of non-wedding party guests who are randomly standing next to the bride. Kudos to you, by the way, for being such a generous bride and letting them have free reign over their outfits!

You could also have the guys wear a grey or fuchsia shirt*... that way you wouldn't have to worry about the dominant color in your dress.

* I say this beacsue my husband wears fuchsia pretty well but i understand it can be a no-no for some guys !! wink.gif

Thanks for the suggestions ladies...they are very much appreciated! I've been thinking about the ideas given to me and I really like your idea Sapphire about tying the girls together with some sort of accessory...I like the idea of trying to find something like a sash, purse, brooch, etc! I will begin my research for that! I also think silver or gray for the fourth girls dress...but do you think it should be pattern or solid? And for my daughters dress, I think you are right sapphire about her being old enough to be a bridesmaid and that white might be distracting...so I'm scratching that idea! lol

As for the guys attire...I'm still up in the air....I never thought of having them wear gray shirts, but that sounds like it might work! I'm not sure the fuchsia tops would go over well with all of the guys Ayita but gray really does sound like a nice choice! LynnieS do you have a picture or link to the attire your guys are wearing? I'd love to see how that looks!

Here is a picture of my dress (unaltered) if that helps any....but I think it's a little hard to tell with the lighting which color stands out more?? My face is blocked out because I was going to sell this dress online, but have decided to keep it.