Unemployed wedding planning
Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:31 PM
My FI has a good and stable job but I have been unemployed for the last 8 months. It has ben tough going ahead with the wedding planning and having the kind of wedding that I want to have, that is one reason we have slowed down with the planning a bit hoping that I will get a job soon.
Is anyone else facing the same problem?
Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:16 PM
After that my FI and I decided to move our wedding date from Sept. 5, 2010 to Sept. 4, 2011. As of late weâ€™ve suffered a few more financial set backs and decided to cancel our local wedding and just get married in mexico! So we are hoping to change our date to May 14, 2011. We are in the process of cancelling with our current venue but they are being very difficult about it even though we are giving them more than a yearâ€™s notice. I think they have suffered greatly as they are a relatively brand new venue and most likely suffered a lot of cancellations to boot. I am now at the point where Iâ€™ll be happy with half my deposit back.
So pretty much wedding planning from almost the get go has been painful and not fun for me at all due to financial constraints. However, our new plans of getting married in cancun, mexico has got me excited and giddy to wedding plan!!
Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:23 PM
Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:33 PM
Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:23 AM
Good luck with the job hunting. I know it's tough out there right now, but if you can keep your spirits up, you'll get through it.... or become a reality TV star! (just kidding... I wouldn't wish that on you!)
Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:58 AM
You ladies are great!
Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:34 PM
Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:43 PM
Im in the same boat too im afraid, It's been two months now and it drives me insane the way things are just now! Fi is bearing up well doing 3 Jobs!!
The ladies are right somehow bit by bit it will fall into place, something has to give right!!
I just need to remind myself to have faith! or I will loose the confidence i need to get me the job that will help us get to our DW and relax and enjoy it!!
On a plus side the extra time i have used on researching DIY projects are helping cut the budget so thats a good thing.. goodness knows where I'll have the time to do them once i'm working again!! lol!
Keep your chin up and keep faith Aisha
Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:11 PM
- We moved to a smaller apartment. We were renting a huge house and didn't need all that space. Right now in rent alone we are saving $700.
- LOTS of DIY. I did my own invitations, bought the templates on sale at Michaels and added my own twist. I never knew I could be so creative!
- Solicit help from my BMs on those DIY projects.
- Look for SALES!
- I ordered a knock off version of my wedding dress and saved thousands. (This option is touchy for some people, but again, we are relying on one income)
- BUDGET, BUDGET, BUDGET! And stick to it! I decided to go with real touch flowers instead of real ones just to cut costs.
- Instead of flowers for the BMs, they will be carrying parasols.
- FI pays all the small bills. That way I can use that money on things toward the wedding.
- I got a photographer that gave me one set price with no time limit. That way I am getting the most for my money.
These are just some of the examples to try to cut back and hopefully in the mean time you will find something. best of luck to you!!!!
Posted 21 April 2010 - 03:53 PM
I am going to attempt to DIY my invitations. I am not creative at all but all the threads on here for DIY invitations are so helpful and now I have more confidence that I should be able to put together something that I envision!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users