Changed Wedding Date

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:05 PM

So we changed our wedding date. Nothing dramatic about it. We decided to do it later in the summer (instead of winter) and around my birthday. So our new date is 8/21/2011, which is the day before my birthday. Do you guys think that is corny? You know having a birthday wedding?

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#2 KelZavs20

• 301 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

Nope. Not corny....could be corny if you themed your whole wedding around it though!
      Makes a nice time of year for you in the future considering birthday/anniversary will be on top of eachother....kinda like christmas twice a year!
      I know probably 80% of my guests dont have a clue when my birthday is anyway!

#3 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

I don't think so, our wedding is the day before my fiance's birthday. The morning of his birthday we are throwing a birthday brunch. Since it will be Sunday and most of our guests are leaving its a nice way for us to say good bye and thank them for coming and celebrating his birthday all at the same time. We both came up with the idea. Are you going to do anything to celebrate your birthday apart from your wedding? I don't think its corny at all.....but then again I am biased ;-)

#4 *HOLLY*

• Banned
        • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

Not at all. If you are ok with it being close to your Bday than its all good :)

#5 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

As long as it's ok with you there is nothing wrong with it.
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#6 mnh1983

• 743 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

I don't think it is corny. Do whatever makes you happy!

#7 jennypenny23

• 295 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

Nope- Its your special day!!! Congrats on setting your date!!

#8 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

Thanks ladies. The wedding will definitely not be themed around my birthday. I think that we will mention it though because even though I usually like to ignore my birthday my family kind of make a big deal out of it because my oldest sister (the first child) and my self (the last and youngest child) have the same birthday. My mom likes to say she opened and closed the book on the same day. So I was thinking that we would just mention the birthday thing maybe at the end of the night but that would be it for the birthday thing.
                  BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#9 svetayasofiya

• 590 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

I think it's fun! My nephew and aunt's bday were a day before my wedding and we all celebrated. My mom's was 5 days later which was super fun too because we went snorkeling and had dinner together. Celebrations are great. You can never have too many at the same time, LOL

#10 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

My bd is 2 days before our wedding date. Its a huge birthday number and I am actually glad that my thoughts will be with the approaching wedding and not my bd :)
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users