Photo

What accessories with a V back dress?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hamster

hamster
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

Hi, my dress has lace shoulders and, more importantly, a low V back. I would like advice on accessories. Click to see the dress:

My dress - model picture

1. Do you like the idea of wearing a back necklace with the dress, or do you think that would make it too "busy"?

2. What style of veil do you think would work best with such a dress? Birdcage? Cathedral? Or maybe no veil at all?

3. Sorry to be personal but I am really fretting about the bra issue! The dress shop told me to shop for a bustier online but I have had difficulty finding one that is low enough in the back!! This is the lowest one I have found so far: low backed bustier
    I don't know if it's low enough for what I need. What do you think? If not can you suggest anyplace to look? I am a D cup and need to wear a bra, unfortunately.

Please do not feel a need to answer all three. If you can just answer any of them I would be grateful.

#2 giraffexx

giraffexx
    • 498 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by hamster
      Hi, my dress has lace shoulders and, more importantly, a low V back. I would like advice on accessories. Click to see the dress:

My dress - model picture

1. Do you like the idea of wearing a back necklace with the dress, or do you think that would make it too "busy"?

2. What style of veil do you think would work best with such a dress? Birdcage? Cathedral? Or maybe no veil at all?

3. Sorry to be personal but I am really fretting about the bra issue! The dress shop told me to shop for a bustier online but I have had difficulty finding one that is low enough in the back!! This is the lowest one I have found so far: low backed bustier
      I don't know if it's low enough for what I need. What do you think? If not can you suggest anyplace to look? I am a D cup and need to wear a bra, unfortunately.

Please do not feel a need to answer all three. If you can just answer any of them I would be grateful.
      Gorgeous dress!!! I personally wouldn't add a necklace, the back of the dress is very dramatic and I think it will take away from it.

In regards to the bra maybe the dress store can sew bra cups into the dress. That's what I am doing with mine so I don't have to worry about a bra. I'm a D cup too so I totally understand the need to have something. Sometimes having big boobs can be a curse...lol!!!

#3 TLC4Rock

TLC4Rock
      • 473 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:49 PM

The dress is beautiful. I don't think you need a back necklace especially if you where a veil. I'm not sure which would look best with the dress...I'm a visual person. But if I had to guess I would go with the birdcage veil.

Best wishes!!

#4 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
        • 279 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by hamster

Click the image to open in full size.

#5 Mere

Mere
          • 729 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

I love the dress and the back. I personally wouldn't wear a back necklace. maybe sew in cups in the dress or wear those ones that stick on-don't know if they work or not. Not sure about a veil as I am not fond of them for our beach wedding. Good Luck!

#6 hamster

hamster
            • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post
              In regards to the bra maybe the dress store can sew bra cups into the dress.

Thanks. I really wish I could do the bra cups but the woman at the shop said that I need the support of a bustier or bra (D cup chest).

#7 sorord1

sorord1
              • 240 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:40 PM

I would do some simple earrings, no necklace. The dress is very elegant and you dont wont to take away from the dress. I would do a birdcage veil. As the other posters stated suggest that they sew in bra cups directly onto your dress.

#8 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:28 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress!!!! It is GORGEOUS!!!

I think a back necklace would be stunning!!!!!! or a cathedral length veil and gorgeous earrings!

#9 hoyt75

hoyt75
                  • 371 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:53 PM

LOVE your dress! So darn beautiful!

IMO the back jewlery would take away from how beautiful this dress really is. As for the bra, I would look for the ones that you can be sewn into the dress for lift and support. I have big girls too and they work well for me every time. If you want a veil I would look for a finger tipth length with lace along the edge to match the dress... gorgous!

#10 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                    • Banned
                    • 3,639 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

OMG I heart back necklaces. I suggest like single pearl :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users