Photo

Any recommendations other than Pastor Rick York?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hello Ladies,

So I contacted Pastor Rick York and unfortunately he is on vacation on the day I get married (Sept. 10 2010). I was wondering if any of your know of someone else like Pastor Rick who can similarily do ceremonies in fluent english?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

xoxo
    Married @ Dreams La Romana, Dominican Republic September 10th 2010

#2 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
    • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

He didn't have any suggestions or recommendations?? Is he the only English-speaking pastor in DR?
      Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
      http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
      Leftover Wedding Items FS:
      http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#3 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
      • 192 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

Nope...no recommendations; other brides apparently asked him (including myself) and he never answer back even tho he is so quick to answer to your first e-mail...Im guessing either there isnt another english speaking pastor in the DR (which i doubt) or he just simply ignores your question so he doesnt have competition (urgh).

So if anyone knows of someone else instead of Pastor Rick York, please please please let me know :)

#4 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
        • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

You might also try posting your question on Debbie's Dominican. Here's the link: Dominican Republic Resort and hotel Review Index - Debbies Dominican Republic Travel

Good luck!
          Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
          Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
          http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
          Leftover Wedding Items FS:
          http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#5 ashleed

ashleed
          • 161 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

That really stinks! Have you asked the WC at your resort? Maybe they can help out. Happy Planning!

#6 pujbride19

pujbride19
            • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

I asked him the same question and he specifically told me that he is the only one that he knows of who does English ceremonies. I am living on the island and have been asking around and I still can't find anyone even by doing my research in person. I'm really bummed Pastor York isn't available for my day.

#7 bikegirl

bikegirl
              • Banned
              • 319 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Pink_Petals
                Nope...no recommendations; other brides apparently asked him (including myself) and he never answer back even tho he is so quick to answer to your first e-mail...Im guessing either there isnt another english speaking pastor in the DR (which i doubt) or he just simply ignores your question so he doesnt have competition (urgh).

So if anyone knows of someone else instead of Pastor Rick York, please please please let me know :)
                I don't think he's lying to you. To my knowledge, he is the only pastor performing weddings in the area who speaks English fluently.

#8 Pink_Petals

Pink_Petals
                • 192 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

Hey guys,

Pastor Rick contacted me and looked around and could not find any other pastor that can do ceremonies in English.
                  Ahh well; its ok. I talked to my WC and she is willing to do my whole ceremony for free (my main concern was that it would be too long for her but she said she is willing to do it for me so Im pretty happy about that).

Thanks guys for the info. anyways!

xoxo

#9 Christy

Christy
                  • 26 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:25 PM

There is an english speaking priest if you want a catholic ceremony. If so let me know and ill find his information.

#10 ali.jeff2011

ali.jeff2011
                    • 31 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:20 AM

Does anyone have Pastor York's Contact Information?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users