Great EASY Flower Centerpiece

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:54 PM

I'm staying at the Hyatt in Boston .. and a bunch of the ladies at this wine convention have been oohing and aahing over these cool decorations in the banquet hall area bathrooms.

I've taken a picture on my cell phone so will try to upload. If I can find this type of flower ... I'm SSOO going to do this.

It's a big Gerber Daisy, silk, with a long stem that kind of coils around. Then, there are tall, wide round plastic vases with rocks in the bottom. the vase is filled up with water and the flower(s) are placed in them, totally submerged. It looks like the flower is growing up from the rocks, underwater.

Don't know if that's a good description for your minds eye ... but hopefully I can get a pic from my cell phone to here...

I've just never seen silk flowers with long coiled stems like that. Guess it's another thing to search for at Michaels and Garden Ridge!!

It looks very classy and expensive ... but is obviously easy and inexpensive for us DIY'ers.

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:56 PM

I so hope you can upload these, they sound gorgeous!

#3 Heligirl

Heligirl
      • 97 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:55 PM

Would love to see it-- I need more ideas!

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:04 PM

Okay, this is a blurry pic (and small...) b/c I took it on my cell phone as a video (too much wine) instead of as a picture ... but hopefully you get the idea. They were beautiful!

Click the image to open in full size.

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by foxytv
            Okay, this is a blurry pic (and small...) b/c I took it on my cell phone as a video (too much wine) instead of as a picture ... but hopefully you get the idea. They were beautiful!

Click the image to open in full size.
            Hahaaa, too much wine. I am jealous!!! I don't even get outta work for 2 more hours. I want wine!!!!

Ok, I was looking for a smiley of a drink, but the hissy fit'll do!

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
              Hahaaa, too much wine. I am jealous!!! I don't even get outta work for 2 more hours. I want wine!!!!

Ok, I was looking for a smiley of a drink, but the hissy fit'll do!
              LOL. I think I like the hissy fit just as much. hehe. No, I took it last week ... but am just sobering up enough to remember to post it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users