• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 maili

maili
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:41 PM

Hello!!
    We are a french couple just engaged!
    My fian§© proposed to me at XEL HA in the riviera maya, so we would really like to do our wedding there!!
    For now, I 'm searching informations to see if it is possible... I mean, it will be possible to take a resort package, but I saw one last november in the Palladium resort in Riviera maya, It was great, but all the tourists in bathing suits were watching and tried to see more by coming more closer... I hated that...

So... I would like to stay in the Palladium with my family (we will be only 10 persons) and to do the civil ceremony elsewhere... I saw a place called "La zebra"in Tulum, it is so wonderful, i wish i can do it here, but it seems a bit expensive compared to the resort packages... And we have to take a wedding coordinator, that too is expensive...

We had this idea to do the reception in "la cueva del chango" in playa del carmen(great great restaurant!!) if the "la Zebra" was too expensive for us, but then where can I do the ceremony without being watch by billions of tourists ?

Does anyone want to do their wedding like me? Maybe we can help each over by giving tips!!

Big kisss to all future brides!!

Audrey

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:47 PM

Welcome to the forum! Check out our Riviera Maya section and happy planning :)

#3 DWbridetobe

DWbridetobe
      • 914 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Happy planning!

#4 mlabbe

mlabbe
        • 784 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hi Audrey, f©licitations and welcome to the forum! If you do a search for those resorts on here you will find tons of info, and ask questions to those who have been there / are getting married there. From what I understand XEL HA is pretty big, so they may have more intimate areas where the ceremony could be held that would limit the quantity of tourists in bathing suits! Unfortunately that's something that can happen pretty much anywhere when getting married by the beach! Good luck! :)

#5 maili

maili
          • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

Thanks everyone!!
            You are so right MLABBE! I don't particularly want to get married to xel ha, but I definitly want an intimate place... And that seems to be hard to find! I won't be bother by a small group of tourists but in big resorts, it is really too much!
            Last time in the palladium, I saw a woman topless who was watching the wedding... As a bride, i don't really want to turn my face and see that watching me...

#6 missgomes

missgomes
            • 296 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:07 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! The ladies here are very helpful! Happy planning!

#7 mnh1983

mnh1983
              • 743 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

Welcome to the forum! I totally understand wanting something more private where others won't watch you. Check out the Riviera Maya section and see what some of the other girls have done. Happy planning!!!

#8 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:11 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! You may want to check out Xcaret for your wedding location, they hold ceremonies and receptions.
                  Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#9 aubry

aubry
                  • 191 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

Welcome and happy planning!

#10 Patourn

Patourn
                    • 377 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

Welcome and congrats! Happy planning!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic