Cabo Symbolic Ceremony Requirements

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ~Angela~

~Angela~
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

Hi all,

I am currently online filling out a form for FI to get a replacement birth certificate.

We are planning on having a symbolic ceremony in Cabo, but I can only seem to find the requirements for a Civil/Legal ceremony.

Specifically, I need this answered .... do we need to have the long forms of our Canadian birth certificates for a symbolic ceremony?

Thanks for your input!
    Angela

#2 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
    • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hi Angela, I'm also Canadian but am not sure what you mean by the "long-form" of our Cdn. birth certificate? I didn't realize there was a short and long form?!
      Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
      Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
      http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
      Leftover Wedding Items FS:
      http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#3 ~Angela~

~Angela~
      • 4,172 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

Here are the options:

Birth Certificate (Short form, wallet-sized)
        This wallet-sized birth certificate includes basic information, such as name, date and place of birth.
        You may only order one copy of a Birth Certificate. If this is the first time you are applying for a birth certificate, select First Birth Certificate. If you are replacing a Birth Certificate, select Replacement Birth Certificate. Birth Certificates are not issued for deceased persons.

Certified Copy of Birth Registration (Long form)
        This is a Certified Copy of the original birth registration record. You may only order one Certified Copy of a Birth Registration. If this is the first time you are applying for a Certified Copy of the original birth registration, select First Certified Copy. If you are replacing a certified copy of birth registration select Replacement Certified Copy.

#4 MissM

MissM
        • 184 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

Hi Angela
          Actually you don't require anything for a symbolic ceremony. We just had a symbolic ceremony at Dreams and they didn't ask for anything except our names :)
          Hope that helps!

#5 ~Angela~

~Angela~
          • 4,172 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

Easy!!

Thank you so much, MissM!

#6 kwright369

kwright369
            • 33 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

We also did a symbolic ceremony in Cabo and nothing is required. As a matter of fact, we just had a close friend of ours "officiate". We were married at the courthouse before we left for Mexico. Totally easy!
              Married 4/10/10 at Cabo Surf Hotel!

http://www.pictage.com/826789

#7 vdaybride

vdaybride
              • 1,412 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

Question has already been answered, but make sure they have the CORRECT spelling of your names. We also had a symbolic ceremony. My husbands name Chris became Christopher lol. I know it is really easy to get this changed, but I have YET to do it. The certificate was delivered to our room while we were out and about and I didn't realize it was wrong until we got back to NY!
                Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#8 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

No requirments. Just show up :)

if you are getting a BC tho, I would get the long form, not the wallet sized, my hubs has that and a lot of places wont take it and need the actual paper sized one.

#9 ~Angela~

~Angela~
                  • 4,172 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

Hmm, crap! We only ordered the small, wallet sized one. I will email Mariana to double check!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users