Newbie - that has no clue where to have the wedding!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 wendyjd

• 968 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

Congrats and welcome ot the forum. Have fun planning. We're doing Jamaica because it is easier and no translations required!!

#12 SouthernSweetie

• 394 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Welcome! Have you consulted a travel agent to help you? Mine is totally amazing. Once I gave her a list of what our "need to have"s and our "nice to have"s, she gave me a list of resorts with website links within a week. I'll be happy to share her info if you'd like. Having a short list really helps; from there, you can see what the brides on here have to say about each resort. It may save you some time- and perhaps frustration.

I hope that this helps! Congrats and Happy Planning!

#13 tiffaneyh

• 151 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

Congratulations! I think you will find this forum really helpful. I know I have. Good luck and happy planning.

Dreams Puerto Vallarta
        October 21, 2010

#14 Mere

• 729 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

Congratulations & Welcome! Happy Planning!

#15 jodieP

• 278 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

congrats and welcome! :) Im sure when u find your location u will just know and be able to picture yourself walking down the aisle and spending time with your loved ones!

Good luck

24 Booked plus bride & groom

#16 rina_e_

• 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

Thanks ladies, and congrats to all of you too!!!

#17 peterpanpixiedust

• 656 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

Welcome! Even if he isn't a fan, remember that doing a legal ceremony down there involves many steps. Translation of your birth certificates to Spanish, and blood work, you need to be there 3-4 days in advance, and then you have to wait for the whole process of getting your marriage docs legal in the states (which I read somewhere takes a couple of months). Ladies who've done so, correct me if I'm wrong. If all that is ok with you, you have the ease of only doing it once at least. I know the biggest factor for me was that I wanted a minister, not a judge, but for a legal ceremony, they need a judge. You will find lots of info here!

#18 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

Hey Rina, welcome to the forum. Happy planning! I was just like you when I joined. I didn't have a clue where to have our wedding. But the ladies are very helpful and there are a lot of resources that you can use. Good luck!
                  BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#19 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
                  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
                  • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

Hi Rina,
                  Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for. Congratulations on your wedding!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users