Bump me to first class Please :)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 PetitRouge

PetitRouge
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hello Everyone!

I was just curious if any of you were bumped to first class when you travelled b.c you mentioned it was your wedding, or if that is the kind of stuff that only happens in the movies:)

#2 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
    • 997 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

We booked through Air Canada Vacations and we were automatically bumped up to First Class for both flights. Since we are booking with a large group...they bumped us up. As a bonus both my parents and my brother have upgraded as well (for a fee)! Good luck with it!

#3 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
      • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

We flew Sunwing out of Toronto and no such luck for us!
        Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
        Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
        http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
        Leftover Wedding Items FS:
        http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#4 carolina24

carolina24
        • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

im hoping they bump us, but if they don't i'll pay the fee anyway b/c i want to surprise FI with this

#5 aprilmay

aprilmay
          • 266 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

Haha, I think it mostly only happens in the movies. With my luck we'd be like Monica & Chandler; the people ahead of us in line get bumped but we don't!

Actually we're flying Westjet and I don't even think they have first class!

#6 PetitRouge

PetitRouge
            • 174 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

We are flying continental from Montreal. I am not holding my breath by any means.. but i thought that since I have never flown first class and cannot afford to upgrade on my own, that maybe I will be lucky enough to have a loving ticketing agent who has a soft spot for brides to be :)

#7 Brooklyn Carolina

Brooklyn Carolina
              • 94 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:00 PM

I read places that it is good to call the airline ahead of time to let them know that you are traveling for your wedding and will need to have your dress hung up. These way they have it in their records and if there is an opportunity to be bumped up your changes are higher. Good Luck
                Carolina

#8 Mischaka

Mischaka
                • 969 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

I sure hope so. Cause i'm going to let everyone know that's it my wedding and hopefully get a bunch of upgrades.

#9 *Karla*

*Karla*
                  • 4,854 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

We flew Continental, and this did not happen. Oh well.

Also, the first class closet was only 3 feet tall, so I could not hang my dress up. The flight attendant did help me to find an empty over head bin though. I had to fold my dress in half. It was fine when we got to Jamaica.

#10 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
                    • 301 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Brooklyn Carolina
                      I read places that it is good to call the airline ahead of time to let them know that you are traveling for your wedding and will need to have your dress hung up. These way they have it in their records and if there is an opportunity to be bumped up your changes are higher. Good Luck
                      Good thought! i need to find out about carrying the dress on!
                      ill cross my fingers but wont hold my breath especially with how airlines charge for every little thing these days! remember the days when you got a hot (not very tasty) meal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users