Travel agent for group

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Glowwbug

Glowwbug
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Hi there,

I'm at the very beginning of the planning process, but we're hoping for a Sept./Oct. wedding in the Bahamas. I have a ton of questions about the best place to have the wedding and reception, which place has the most reasonable rates for our guests, etc. and would love advice on any and all of those topics.

However, right now I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good travel agent that our guests can use to book their travel. Money is definitely an issue for some guests, so we're trying to keep it as affordable as possible. Additionally, I saw that there is a deal out there for free companion airfare to the Bahamas and I was wondering if anyone has taken advantage of this offer for themselves or their guests.

Thanks in advance! I look forward to meeting all of you.
    Angi

#2 Lindobride14

Lindobride14
    • 279 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Glowwbug
      Hi there,

I'm at the very beginning of the planning process, but we're hoping for a Sept./Oct. wedding in the Bahamas. I have a ton of questions about the best place to have the wedding and reception, which place has the most reasonable rates for our guests, etc. and would love advice on any and all of those topics.

However, right now I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good travel agent that our guests can use to book their travel. Money is definitely an issue for some guests, so we're trying to keep it as affordable as possible. Additionally, I saw that there is a deal out there for free companion airfare to the Bahamas and I was wondering if anyone has taken advantage of this offer for themselves or their guests.

Thanks in advance! I look forward to meeting all of you.
      Angi

Angi,

Welcome! I just started planning our wedding last month, and this forum has helped me tremendously.

I initially was using a local travel agent not very experienced in destination weddings as was getting extremely frustrated with her lack of follow-up with my questions. I hold nothing against her; I just don't think weddings are her forte.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:53 PM

Have you tried contacting one of the TA's on the forum? Click on the banner at the top of the page to submit a request for TA.

Also, since this site is owned and run by a TA (Tammy host), it is asked that out of respect for her and her team of TA's, that people don't recommend other TA's off this site.

#4 marva88

marva88
        • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hello!

Welcome to Best Desination Wedding forum! This is an amazing site and contains lots of helpful information for planning a DW.

I suggest too that you check out the agents on this site. The service is so invaluable to you and your guests.

Marva

#5 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
          • 1,098 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:13 PM

Welcome and happy planning Angi!
            Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
            Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
            http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
            Leftover Wedding Items FS:
            http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#6 Glowwbug

Glowwbug
            • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

Thanks so much for the advice! I didn't realize this site was run by TA's. Sorry! But that should make this a ton easier, so lucky me.

#7 MrsMiller2b

MrsMiller2b
              • 160 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

It's a great thing you found this site. I wish I had stumbled upon it a lot sooner than I did. Happy planning!

#8 md2002

md2002
                • 79 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

I just got back from being married in the Bahamas. I can probably answer lots of questions for you. I am going to write a full review of everything and everyone shortly that should help you. Keep an eye out.

#9 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

Welcome! Definitely contact a TA on the forum.... their experience with destination weddings is invaluable. Plus, they have had destination weddings of their own. Check out the Bahamas threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users