| Originally Posted by miznunu2010 |
Beautiful, How exactly where you making these?
1) I cut the stretch magic clear .5mm cord about 9feet long and then tie through a sewing needle
2) I then begin sewing through one or two leaf of each orchid near the stem from behind
3) I do this about 9x's depending on how many flowers you want per strand.
You dont need to tie a knot or place anything around the orchid because the string I used won't allow it to slip or fall to the bottom. which is great that they stay in place! Takes some gentle force to move them about so thats a good thing.
4) When I have finished adding all the flowers, I then grab a small paperclip and tie knots (lots of knots! in different forms) around the end.
Note: You have to tie about 10-15 times in different forms to keep the cord from coming loose.
5) When you are ready to hang, you simple wrap the cord around the bar once, and then take the paperclip, slip the string through the loops (2) and voila! it hangs on its own
GL to those who try it. Let me know if y'all need any help!