Photo

Party of 10-in need of accomodation ideas!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bethellen23

bethellen23
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:02 AM

My fiance' and I will be legally married by the JOP here in Texas within weeks but want to "finish" the wedding (so to speak) in Hawaii next year with a very small ceremony on the beach including 10 of our closest friends and family-perhaps I should call it more of a renewal of vows. We are at a loss for where to stay since we really want to enjoy Hawaii and not be in a sky scraper condo.
    Any ideas or suggestions from those who have been there or have been doing research? Is Maui one of the best areas of Hawaii to have a destination wedding if you want to take advantage of a lot of outdoor activities? Is it one of the most expensive or least expensive areas to vacation in Hawaii??
    I truly have not been able to answer any of these questions as of yet and am all ears to all suggestions!

Thanks ladies!!!

Beth

#2 ~Angela~

~Angela~
    • 4,172 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:54 AM

I don't know much about Hawaii, but my friend went there for her money and I know they found their place on VRBO.com and had a great experience!!! Also, try HomeAway Vacation Rentals: Beach Houses, Condos, Cabins, Villas & Vacation Rental Homes. A bunch of girls from this forum got together and rented a condo off there and it was great. I am sure there are lots of other options other than condos though. Good luck!

#3 lizconemac

lizconemac
      • 161 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:56 PM

I chose the island of Maui for my wedding because a number of people in my family have never been to Hawaii and I thought Maui was the best Hawaiian island for them to visit first. I love Maui becuase it's not as busy as Oahu and not as quiet as Kauai. I agree that "vacation rentals by owner" is a great resource to rent a condo on Maui. My favorite places to stay are two condo complexes on Sugar Beach - Kealia Resort (Kealia Resort | Kealia Sugar Beach Maui | Kealia Condos) and the Sugar Beach Resort. They're right on the beach in a very quiet area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users