Photo

Fake Flower Petals

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MDLady

MDLady
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

I wanted to get some fake flower petals since we have 4 flower girls and real petals are probably much more expensive. I ordered some from Papermart.com which looked nice. When I got them, I couldn't even get them out of the box because of static. They stuck to EVERYTHING. I tried to throw it but they got stuck to my clothes, each other, the box, everything. It was kind of comical but not usable at all. Just FYI in case any of you were to order from that store.

#2 Kate_CPWInvites

Kate_CPWInvites
    • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

I wonder if you somehow wrangled them into a mesh or paper bag, put in a few dryer sheets and shook them up, the static would go away? (Not in the dryer unless you know 100% that they wouldn't melt).

Might be a way to save them?

#3 *Krista*

*Krista*
      • 819 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

Or you could spray them with static guard, that might uncling them!
        July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#4 Princess J

Princess J
        • 424 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for the tip. I was looking into fake ones since fresh are so expensive. I think I might stick to the free dried ones as they seem to be a less expensive alternative, Petal Garden has some good deals on 'Pathway petals'
          50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

#5 Julie H

Julie H
          • 53 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

I just ordered my petals from flyboynaturals.com and was really impressed with the customer service. I thought their prices were pretty reasonable.My resort does'nt allow fake petals and their prices were CRAZY! They will be here next monday, not bad...

#6 MDLady

MDLady
            • 433 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Julie H
              I just ordered my petals from flyboynaturals.com and was really impressed with the customer service. I thought their prices were pretty reasonable.My resort does'nt allow fake petals and their prices were CRAZY! They will be here next monday, not bad...
              Definitely keep me in the loop regarding the quality when you get them. I still would like to get something but don't have much time left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users