Photo

My dress didn't fit. :(

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

I went to see and try on my dress yesterday and it didnt fit! The lady was way off on the measurements ( I was remeasured as 1 inch more on my chest and 1 inch less on my butt). On top of that it didnt really matter because the dress didnt even match the original measurements! Thank God I still have 7 months till the wedding. Now they have to reorder and it will be another 2 months. aghhhhhhh!

#2 Mischaka

Mischaka
    • 969 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

thank God you do still have time!! and this is the exact reason I want to order my dress as soon as possible.

#3 PrincssScorpion7

PrincssScorpion7
      • 81 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

Good thing you still have some time. Are they going to free alterations when the dress does come in since this is their mistake?

#4 KelZavs20

KelZavs20
        • 301 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:55 AM

At least they will reorder it for you!
          the really "nice" lady that ordered my dress insisted on ordering a particular size....i told her i was gonna shrink a little....dress came in, and i swim in it! Now she has tons of taking in to do!

#5 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
          • 2,528 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:56 AM

Wow... at least take solace in the fact this isn't happening a month or two away from your wedding.. that would be brutal! Are they going to throw in anything extra, since it's their error?
            Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#6 ChicagoPT

ChicagoPT
            • 307 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:39 PM

I actually didnt even ask if they would do anything for free. I really dont think they will because they have time to do all of this. Hmmm..I think I will still ask. I wonder about all those measurements...the one lady was really pulling tight and the other one gave more slack. I hope my new dress isnt huge!

#7 Chelymo

Chelymo
              • 327 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

I swear I think they do it on purpose so that there are lots of alterations to be done and they can make money. The lady that measured me kept pushing me to a certain size but I insisted on the size I wanted and thank God it fit perfect when it came in all I had to do was alter the lenght.
                http://i45.photobuck....ng/img-180.jpg
                Aracelis & DarrinMay 1st, 2010Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana

#8 skadow

skadow
                • Banned
                • 1,853 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:09 AM

Im so sorry to hear that. It had to be very disappointing...Can you post a picture of your dress at least? I'd love to see what you are waiting on.

#9 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
                  • 734 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:59 AM

OMG!! Thank God you have time to reorder the dress!
                    http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                    http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#10 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
                    • Banned
                    • 3,639 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

That is great news they have time to reorder! However, totally sucks the first one wasnt right. I def would ask for something like a free alteration ......veil.....necklace...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users