Fellow Dental Hygienists? or anyone wanting to make me feel better

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

Sorry you have had to go through all of this - it sounds like you are better off to not be working in such an office - small office environments can be brutal - it sucks that they treated you so badly in the end - you did the right thing by offering so much notice and they did you wrong asking you to leave like that.
    BUT, on the bright side - alot of digestive issues are exacerbated by stress, so hopefully, you will find out what is wrong and will be able to feel better soon, and concentrate on finding a new job quickly. I'm hoping like Wendy asked, that you can get COBRA for insurance, and maybe unemployement benefits to help you along - if you need help on job search techniques, PM me and i can help you with that.

#12 peterpanpixiedust

• 656 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

You guys are really awesome! I can't get cobra, because I never had a group plan. I have my own coverage (one of the downsides of being a part time employee). So, I saved enough money to keep my insurance going for a few months. It's just that I have to make sure I pay off the one bill before I make another one. I resigned, so I can't collect unemployment (and they made sure that I gave them a formal written resignation too). They really weren't doing anything bad in regards to my replacement, they just found the replacement early. Just as well I guess. Again, thank you all for your support. I hope I can return it!

#13 jajajaja

• VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:47 AM

Wow that's a lot going on at once, but I honestly don't think anyone should stay in a job that makes them miserable. You seem like a person that's really responsible, has their shit together, resourceful, etc. I have no doubts that this will work out for you in the end. Good for you having the balls to find your happiness!

As for you health, I hope they figure out what's going on. Let's hope the colonoscopy gives some answers.
        Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users