Photo

Being "considerate" to FI

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 FutureMrsHolt

FutureMrsHolt
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

My FI asked if he could just help plan since I was getting upset about not being able to find a location and I said Ok what would you look for. This response: Swim up bar and someone to marry us. I said what about my flowers, he said you need those?? MEN! I love mine to the ends of the earth but that was the last I will ask him to help.

#12 jodieP

jodieP
    • 278 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by FutureMrsHolt
      My FI asked if he could just help plan since I was getting upset about not being able to find a location and I said Ok what would you look for. This response: Swim up bar and someone to marry us. I said what about my flowers, he said you need those?? MEN! I love mine to the ends of the earth but that was the last I will ask him to help.
      Haha!! It is such a guy thing to say!! LOL
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/ZxiGp1.png

24 Booked plus bride & groom

#13 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:19 AM

haha, my Fi's input goes like this

me: what do you think about.....blah blah blah

him: sounds good whatever you want it's your wedding just tell me what time to show up...

lol, I love him, but I do wish he cared about the little details more.
        Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#14 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
        • 294 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:05 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jodieP
          Yup limit the FI input , I had to when all i was getting met with 'what's that?' do we actually need that', 'I didn't even know that existed' LOL.. then he's a total groomzilla at times talking to the TA and resort I find it hysterical! So i put him on the phone to sort details and he threatens them with me ...a bridezilla according to him! Im anything but!

Just take deep breaths and keep going is what i say!!

Jodie.xx
          "do we actually need that?" is the question I LOATHE the most!!!
          http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#15 bride2b10

bride2b10
          • 320 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

eh - I just stopped asking :) I'll ask occasionally to make him feel include it but I can always spin it so he chooses what I wanted in the first place hahahah :)
            http://tickers.Ticke....6cca/event.png

21 Booked + Bride & Groom!!!

#16 Princess402

Princess402
            • 737 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Ugh I totally relate to this! My FI has been fairly useless when it comes to wedding planning (one of his only resort requirements was also a swim up bar), but also seems to have some rather specific ideas about certain things. Like wedding dresses, he has a long list of things my dress should NOT be, but is not so helpful as to what it should be. As for wedding colours, he thinks Canucks blue is the most beautiful colour in the world and is the only colour I can get him to agree to. As for any others to go with it, his response is "why do we need more than one colour?". Geesh. I want to include him, but most of the time, when I ask his opinion on things I just feel sorry for asking!!!

#17 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
              • 294 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:49 PM

I knew I wasn't the only one feeling this way!
                I just have to find a way to keep him updated on things without getting a response like "isn't that going to cost a lot?" or "do we really have to do that?"
                http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users