Photo

Bringing Real Rings With You?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#11 PrincssScorpion7

PrincssScorpion7
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:42 AM

My FI will have a fit if I do not have this ring on and we are getting married. I will make sure before we leave to take it to the jeweler to get it cleaned.

#12 Cindy*

Cindy*
    • 2,655 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

We are taking our real rings as well. I can't imagine wedding pictures without them. We already have my e-ring insured and will insure our bands too before we go. I am a little concerned about having them in the room as we arrive on Saturday but don't get married until Thursday. However, I am sure we can figure out somewhere to hide them. My e-ring I will keep on at all times except scuba diving when I will leave it with my dad.

#13 peterpanpixiedust

peterpanpixiedust
      • 656 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:17 PM

After reading this I guess I'm the only crazy person. I really wanted to have my E ring polished just before going and tuck it in the box until pics. I am a perfectionist and I don't want any smudges on it. But now after reading this maybe I should just suck it up and wear it. Grrr! FI and I usually don't have a problem with me not wearing it all the time because I don't wear mine to work already. I just love how it looks when it comes back from a polish and that sheen goes away so quickly (my fiance's loves to hold my hand OVER the ring, and even when I remind him, he forgets. So it's gets oils on it pretty quickly. God bless him).

#14 BeachBride83

BeachBride83
        • 196 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:01 PM

If you wear your rings at all times, do you even wear your rings in the ocean? I think I would be scared that they would fall off in the water?!
          Hey Everyone! I have booked Heather Parker to photograph my May 7, 2011 wedding in Negril, Jamaica. I am looking for someone that might want to share in the cost of her transportation/stay that will be getting married around the same time in the area. PM me if you are interested! Her work is...

#15 HereFishie

HereFishie
          • 386 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

I never take my rings off. As long as they fit properly, there shouldn't be any concern that they'd fall off?

#16 Ayita

Ayita
            • 861 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

We used our real rings and I also had my ering. Make sure there's a safe in the room for when you're not having them on you.

#17 tracy0716

tracy0716
              • 431 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BeachBride83
                If you wear your rings at all times, do you even wear your rings in the ocean? I think I would be scared that they would fall off in the water?!
                Haha- never thought of this....my ring has been sized so it fits pretty well. I doubt I'm going in the ocean full force, just a quick dip to cool off.

#18 Cindy*

Cindy*
                • 2,655 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BeachBride83
                  For just swimming, if your ring fits, there should be no concern. I would not wear it if you dive though, I think its too risky with the change in pressure if you are diving deep.

#19 mich999

mich999
                  • 386 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:44 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by peterpanpixiedust
                    After reading this I guess I'm the only crazy person. I really wanted to have my E ring polished just before going and tuck it in the box until pics. I am a perfectionist and I don't want any smudges on it. But now after reading this maybe I should just suck it up and wear it. Grrr! FI and I usually don't have a problem with me not wearing it all the time because I don't wear mine to work already. I just love how it looks when it comes back from a polish and that sheen goes away so quickly (my fiance's loves to hold my hand OVER the ring, and even when I remind him, he forgets. So it's gets oils on it pretty quickly. God bless him).
                    I brought a new container of that jewelry liquid polish you can buy at any drugstore or from a jewelry store (so it wouldn't leak in my luggage) and cleaned my rings the day of ceremony. If you get your rings polished before you go and just give them a refresh the day of, they should look perfect.

#20 rosieposie

rosieposie
                    • 649 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mich999
                      I brought a new container of that jewelry liquid polish you can buy at any drugstore or from a jewelry store (so it wouldn't leak in my luggage) and cleaned my rings the day of ceremony. If you get your rings polished before you go and just give them a refresh the day of, they should look perfect.
                      That's a great idea! Get it all cleaned up before going and refresh before the day! A jewellery cloth is also a good add-on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users