Girasole, Bronze...other T&C Brides input please?

JanineA

Hi Ladies,

first off sorry to call you out but I wanted you to definitely see the post...hehehe. I have everything really set for my wedding except for music. Can you ladies share who you are going with for music for your wedding and the cost. My hotel uses a dj named William John who charges $295/hr. I know that Mercedes Benz said she used a dj named Subtronic Sound but in my search have not been able to find him. Who are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze8584 View Post
Hi JanineA! I was quoted around $300/hr for a DJ, but did not get the name, I will find out from my wedding coordinator and see if she has contact info. We are still deciding on music for the reception too... :)

Hope your planning is going GREAT!
Thanks Bronze!! Planning is going great! Man the prices for djs are tremendously high. Even in Miami you can get a dj for considerably less. I know that you have to have a work permit to do things like this in TC I am thinking of looking into this next or possibly finding out from my dj friends here in Miami if they know any up and coming young djs in TC. Let me know what your WC says please. Hey you're getting super close to your wedding date? Is everything in place? How many ppl do you have booked so far?

Hey Janine! We are just going with a CD of music. I have a small number of people going so we are doing a 1 hr private cocktail reception and going to have music at that (first dances and all) but after the cocktail hour we are just all heading to one of the resort restaurants for dinner instead of paying for a private dinner. This way people also get to choose what they want to eat. So Ipod or CD is what we decided on rather than a live DJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girasole View Post
Hey Janine! We are just going with a CD of music. I have a small number of people going so we are doing a 1 hr private cocktail reception and going to have music at that (first dances and all) but after the cocktail hour we are just all heading to one of the resort restaurants for dinner instead of paying for a private dinner. This way people also get to choose what they want to eat. So Ipod or CD is what we decided on rather than a live DJ.
Hi Girasole, we are having an iPod cocktail hour. I wanted to have the saxophonist from the wedding do the cocktail hour as well but he chagres $400/hr so that would have been $800 all together just for two hours (1 hr ceremony and 1 hr cocktail hr). For the reception we are hoping to have an actual dj since the reception is probably going to be about 3 or 4 hours. Yikes! The dj is costing more than my flowers! Oh well, its once in a lifetime. So far I am not over budget but I am just hoping I don't go over.

JanineA, so far there we have 13 guests booked, our wedding is small and private, but we are having a HUGE celebration for over 300 people here in Houston on July 17th after get back - so I am busy planning all the music, floral, catering, etc for that as well!!

I think we may go with an Ipod option for our wedding dinner on the beach - if we had more guests we may have opted for a DJ, but for us its just not worth it. We have the saxophonist for our ceremony for an hour and he sounds just beautiful, so I am looking forward to that. Everything else is completely planned and done except our ceremony music selections and final floral decisions. I am so excited, only 44 days to go!! :)

Girasole, PLEASE let us know how your wedding turns out! So exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Meagan* View Post
We did the ipod docking station but $295 an hour for a dj is pretty good. How many hours you going to use them?
Hi Meagan, we still haven't decided on the dj but if we get him it will be for about 3 or 4 hours. If we go with the iPod docking station it is a $250 set up fee. My concern with going with the iPod is that what about someone introducing us, or anouncing the first dance and things like that.