Sign in to follow this  
jcruzin76

Program or No Program?

Thanks all of you for your advice. The programs all sound and look great! But, after reading all of the advice you all provided, I think I'm leaning more towards not doing them. I'm already stressed out with the things that I still need to do, that I don't think I want to add something else to my plate. After all, I've already created a Welcome Letter that I will be putting into the Welcome Bags for all the guests and I also purchased Paddle fans with our names and date on them, that I will placing on the chairs at the Ceremony site. So again thanks and I'm soo glad I found this website...its the best!

We're not having them either. I can imagine those that have had them like having them, but we decided against it. Our ceremony will be short and we just don't feel they're worth investing the time in & bringing with us when they'll be thrown out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasjsgirl View Post
If anybody's interested in doing a no frills program, here is a picture of mine as well as the template:

Click the image to open in full size.
Very nice...thanks so much for sharing!

We're not doing programs. They aren't that important to me, and I'm not sure anyone would really read it or keep it (other than maybe my mom, haha).

I am contemplating the same thing.

I really wanted to give them a fan type item but at the same time I am not sure there is much worth putting on there. They will all know each other and there won't be anything they need to read. So I am leaning toward saving the time, money and energy on it!

I have always said too that those little things no one remembers longer after the day! It is how much fun they had or how much they enjoyed their time.

I am so happy to find this thread. I have been debating about this too. I am leaning on not doing it. Thanks Thomasjsgirl for the template just in case I change my mind this will work...

I am doing them because most of my guests don't know each other and I would like to pay a tribute to my late mother and the program seem to be the place to do it.