May 2011 Brides!

vlynnw

Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hey girls,

Has anyone booked their airfare yet?  Am I crazy for hoping for nonstop from Maryland to Cancun for under $350.00?  I found the perfect flight now for $417, but am hoping it will come down a bit.  Thoughts???

I am having such issues with flights.  I'm flying from Denver, which are about $480 RT now, and my whole family is coming from Philadelphia which is close to $600 RT now.  Its soo expensive!  I know we're going to lose guests because of the prices. Most of our guests are only coming for 3 days so it wont be worth it if the flights are that much.   I really didnt think they'd be over $400.  I guess i was living in a fantasy land.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm having the same problem as well.  My family and our guests will be leaving out of Philadelphia. I've been holding off hoping that prices will come down.  I'm giving it until Feb and then I'll just suck it up and pay it.  I can't believe how high the prices are now.

Originally Posted by SKing24 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGnhci View Post

Hey girls,

Has anyone booked their airfare yet?  Am I crazy for hoping for nonstop from Maryland to Cancun for under $350.00?  I found the perfect flight now for $417, but am hoping it will come down a bit.  Thoughts???

I am having such issues with flights.  I'm flying from Denver, which are about $480 RT now, and my whole family is coming from Philadelphia which is close to $600 RT now.  Its soo expensive!  I know we're going to lose guests because of the prices. Most of our guests are only coming for 3 days so it wont be worth it if the flights are that much.   I really didnt think they'd be over $400.  I guess i was living in a fantasy land.

Originally Posted by Cherazi View Post

Ladies,

Have you thought about the fact that this will be our LAST Christmas as single ladies ???

Merry Xmas to all the beautiful May 2011 brides :)

cheers.gif

I know!!! I was just telling my fiance that last night, last X-Mas and New Year's not being married.....I'm so excited that 2011 is around the corner and I can't believe how close May is now, only 4 months to go!!!!

I wish all of you an amazing holiday season and a fantastic 2011, I hope we all have the wedding of our dreams!

cheers.gif

Originally Posted by Cherazi View Post

Ladies,

Have you thought about the fact that this will be our LAST Christmas as single ladies ???

Merry Xmas to all the beautiful May 2011 brides :)

cheers.gif

I know... WHOO!!! I wrot this in FI's xmas card... LOL :-) x

Merry Christmas to you too x o x

Jenn, my one cousin who's a BM and my aunt and uncle bought their flights from Philly back in August and they paid $475.  I thought they were crazy b/c I thought for sure the prices would go down.  Now they look like the smart ones.  I think we'll wait until about the end of Jan, beginning of Feb too and then just bite the bullet.  Let's just hope they don't go higher than they are!

Jenn, my one cousin who's a BM and my aunt and uncle bought their flights from Philly back in August and they paid $475.  I thought they were crazy b/c I thought for sure the prices would go down.  Now they look like the smart ones.  I think we'll wait until about the end of Jan, beginning of Feb too and then just bite the bullet.  Let's just hope they don't go higher than they are!

I got mine through apple vacations, so I never really looked at the breakdown of it.......just went with it......

HUH....I wonder then.

I fly out of Pittsburgh with nonstop to Cancun, but then again we did First Class tix too.

Isnt that bad, I just dunno what it costs, I figured I HAD to buy tix, there was NO doubt about it......

Was I stupid??  LOLoops.gif

I would say all the prices you ladies are quoting is about what I have found as well. We paid $375 each for ours but we are coming to Cancun from Houston and it's only like a 2.5 hour flight. I would say $400 is probably the cheapest alot of these are going to

We paid $339 for our flights but they aren't direct we have to connect through Dallas.  I'm trying to shop for flights for my parents and currently the cheapest I'm finding is $417.  I signed up on yapta.com to get a weekly update on the flight pricings for specific flights I'm looking at.  I recommend it if you're wanting to monitor a specific flight for a few weeks.