Photo

May 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#681 Nan

Nan
  • 599 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:24 AM

Vlynn Your jewelry is awesome!! and i JUst love the garter!!! Your FI will go mad!!! Where did you order those?

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#682 n4turally

n4turally
    • 92 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

vlynnw - LOVE your bracelet!  was this also custom made? it's beautiful!! :)

Originally Posted by vlynnw 

I broke down and did it, I got the mugs for my OOT bags. I have a pretty good idea of how many people are coming so I just went for it! 

I also just bought my jewelry I was looking for a specific pair of earrings I had seen on someone's pictures so I put an alchemy request to have some made very similar to what I was looking for, and below is what a seller came back with for me! I love them, and I also got my bracelet. 

il_570xN.188034449.jpgil_570xN.185889034.jpg

I also ordered my garter set, FI is a Miami Dolphins fan

il_570xN.186752012.jpg

#683 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:52 AM

I got everything off etsy.  The bracelet asn't custom just something I found while searching on etsy and fit closely.  My earrings arrived yesterday and they are perfect, now just waiting on the bracelet to arrive so I can make sure the pearl colors match. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#684 Nan

Nan
        • 599 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

I think even if the pearl colours don´t match exactly it will be very hard to notice.

On another story, going back to my planning... I´m stilll waiting for my invitations to come through The STD were sent long ago although  very few people have actually booked. My colour theme isn´t decided yet. I´m still thinking about purple and orange or earthy tones.  When that issue is settled I will choose the flowers for my centerpieces and for my bouquet and my BMs , the bouttonieres, the wrist flowers for our mothers, the pareos (sarongs) for the chairs. I´m having a gazebo for the ceremony although that isn´t  for sure either as I don´t know yet if the ceremony can be held out on the beach or if it has to be in a real church. The reception will take place by the pool where cocktails and mexican hor´s d´ouvres will be offered l and there will be 10 round/ squared tables with 8 people  on each. There will be a special table for my FI , me and the wedding party. We are having a seated menu with a first and main course, desserts and wedding (fake) cake! 

My WC suggested this  ladies mariachi band ( with fucsia outfits) which sounds like fun, but I still have to think about it. I´m getting an open bar for five hours and once again I don´t know if  I will get the live band or the DJ. For sure i´m getting the mobile shot bar for an hour!!! HAHAH

My dress is at the seamstress,  don´t have the bridesmaids dresses yet. Still waiting for my shoes to arrive....  Trying to organize a tour to Chichen Itza for some of my guests...OOOOOOOOOOOOO i feel like I´m way behind everybody in this thread!! 

I don´t know if I have left something out...

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#685 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

I don't think you are behind Nan, I've been planning for 2 years otherwise I'd probably have nothing.  I think if you really like the orange and purple color scheme then you should go for it. You can always incorporate the earth tones into your accents.

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#686 Nan

Nan
            • 599 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

Vlynnw:

Yes I really like purple and orange and if you think about it... I will be surrounded by earthy tones (sand) !!!

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#687 Nan

Nan
              • 599 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:14 AM

mexican-dress 275 copy.jpg mexican dress 1.jpg I have been thinking if this dresses would be Ok for my bridesmaids. They would be purple and orange. the first one could combine a purple dress with an orange belt and viceversa.  Are they too informal???  What do you think?

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#688 JennW818

JennW818
                • 267 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:17 AM

Nan, I am in love with the first one.  I think it would be great!!!

Originally Posted by Nan 

mexican-dress 275 copy.jpg mexican dress 1.jpg I have been thinking if this dresses would be Ok for my bridesmaids. They would be purple and orange. the first one could combine a purple dress with an orange belt and viceversa.  Are they too informal???  What do you think?

Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

#689 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
                  • 899 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nan 

I think even if the pearl colours don´t match exactly it will be very hard to notice.

On another story, going back to my planning... I´m stilll waiting for my invitations to come through The STD were sent long ago although  very few people have actually booked. My colour theme isn´t decided yet. I´m still thinking about purple and orange or earthy tones.  When that issue is settled I will choose the flowers for my centerpieces and for my bouquet and my BMs , the bouttonieres, the wrist flowers for our mothers, the pareos (sarongs) for the chairs. I´m having a gazebo for the ceremony although that isn´t  for sure either as I don´t know yet if the ceremony can be held out on the beach or if it has to be in a real church. The reception will take place by the pool where cocktails and mexican hor´s d´ouvres will be offered l and there will be 10 round/ squared tables with 8 people  on each. There will be a special table for my FI , me and the wedding party. We are having a seated menu with a first and main course, desserts and wedding (fake) cake! 

My WC suggested this  ladies mariachi band ( with fucsia outfits) which sounds like fun, but I still have to think about it. I´m getting an open bar for five hours and once again I don´t know if  I will get the live band or the DJ. For sure i´m getting the mobile shot bar for an hour!!! HAHAH

My dress is at the seamstress,  don´t have the bridesmaids dresses yet. Still waiting for my shoes to arrive....  Trying to organize a tour to Chichen Itza for some of my guests...OOOOOOOOOOOOO i feel like I´m way behind everybody in this thread!! 

I don´t know if I have left something out...

You are doing great!!  Believe me, you will come to a lull period, where there's not too much to do.  That's where I am now.  Well, there's stuff to do but it needs to wait til later. 

What do you mean by "fake" cake?  I am debating on what to do about our cake scenario.  It's so expensive for a large group. 

#690 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                    • 1,029 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nan 

I have been thinking if this dresses would be Ok for my bridesmaids. They would be purple and orange. the first one could combine a purple dress with an orange belt and viceversa.  Are they too informal???  What do you think?

First one for sure! Love it for a simple look!

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users