TLGnhci
  • 899 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for posting Veronica!!!

#572 kitty25967

kitty25967
    • 320 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:50 AM

Wow! Dreams is a popular one!  Congrats to everyone! 

#573 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
      • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:34 AM

I second that!

Originally Posted by TLGnhci 

Thanks for posting Veronica!!!

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#574 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
        • 267 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

I third that!  Thank you! 

It is sooooo exciting to see more and more May brides...that means only one thing....IT IS GETTING CLOSER!!!!!!!!!!

#575 AngelaPolles

AngelaPolles
          • Site Supporter
          • 66 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

HI Ladies,

I'm getting married May, 3, 2011 in Playa Del Carmen at Viva Wyndham Maya. I'm getting so excited!

Congrats to everyone!

#576 JennW818

JennW818
            • 267 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am getting married May 13, 2011 at Moon Palace.  After looking at all of your post, I'm starting to feel like I'm way behind in planning.  I picked out my dress, but that's about all I've done so far.  Guess I better get on the ball.7735.jpg

Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

#577 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
              • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Has anyone had luck with " The Futre Mrs..." clothing or "Mrs. ..." I am looking for a hoodie and some other stuff to get made and I wonder if anyone recommends any particular place

Thanks in advance ladies

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#578 rosieposie

rosieposie
                • 649 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:52 AM

Hi Kelsey, hope you've been doing well  =)

i love the letter carrier, but it's no longer a secret and is crazy busy on the weekends, but so worth it to take advantage of those special offers only valid in the US.

....hmmm...i once got taxed coming back at PR for under $100 worth of stuff, just my luck that day i guess. there's also hagens of blaine on the peace arch side which would be handy if you're on your way to seattle or something.

looks like time for more shopping....

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaz2be 

Rosie great dresses!  Way to find the deal too.

re:  this...  I've actually heard that the place in point roberts (called lettercarrier) is great!  A friend of mine swears by it.  She said you usually only get hit up for tax if it's over a few hundred dollars in value (otherwise rarely worth the paperwork for them)  and it's only the HST tax you have to pay... not brokerage fees or duty or anything.

I got taxed on my wedding dress bringing it back  (boo)  but I figured, had I bought it here I'd still be paying that 12% anyways AND it probably would've cost more too.  So it wasn't so bad.

anyways, just my input on the cross border mail stuff.  Yes, the might tax you.  But if you factor it into the price it still might be worth it.  and its DEFINITELY cheaper than having it delivered and having to pay brokerage on top of everything.

Hope your planning is going smoothly ladies.  I'm not on this thread too often but it's exciting to see everyone's checking things off their lists

Quote:

#579 vlynnw

vlynnw
                  • 6,003 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

Has anyone had luck with " The Futre Mrs..." clothing or "Mrs. ..." I am looking for a hoodie and some other stuff to get made and I wonder if anyone recommends any particular place

Thanks in advance ladies

I'm making a shirt from here http://www.bridalpartytees.com/

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#580 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
                    • 232 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by rosieposie 

That's great! Love Leslie, we booked her for our "secret legal day"/at home reception day, May 7 so looks like she'll be flying out shortly after. We booked our engagement session for early November. We were originally thinking Feb. next year, but thought it would be nice to take them around the same time as we got engaged last year....will be chilly, but an excuse to buy a pretty sweater  =)

Are you getting Leslie to do your engagement photos?? We still haven't had ours done yet either. I was hoping to get them done this summer but time just got away from us.. I cannot believe it is already October!! Leslie is flying to Mexico for our wedding on the 8th... so the day after your at home reception!! I'm obsessed with her blog.. i swear her photography gets better and better with every wedding she shoots!

Originally Posted by beaz2be 

Rosie great dresses!  Way to find the deal too.

re:  this...  I've actually heard that the place in point roberts (called lettercarrier) is great!  A friend of mine swears by it.  She said you usually only get hit up for tax if it's over a few hundred dollars in value (otherwise rarely worth the paperwork for them)  and it's only the HST tax you have to pay... not brokerage fees or duty or anything.

I got taxed on my wedding dress bringing it back  (boo)  but I figured, had I bought it here I'd still be paying that 12% anyways AND it probably would've cost more too.  So it wasn't so bad.

anyways, just my input on the cross border mail stuff.  Yes, the might tax you.  But if you factor it into the price it still might be worth it.  and its DEFINITELY cheaper than having it delivered and having to pay brokerage on top of everything.

Hope your planning is going smoothly ladies.  I'm not on this thread too often but it's exciting to see everyone's checking things off their lists

Quote:

I'll look into PR as well!  I think Blaine would probably be about the same driving distance for me and would give me a good excuse to do some shopping!!

The stuff I want to order online is chair sashes, lanterns, tulle... all the decoration type things! However, if these $5 mail boxes actually work out I could def see myself using it for A LOT of other things as well!!

Quick question for you ladies... I remember us talking about a minister who will do legal ceremonies in her backyard. Could you give me her contact. We've decided to get married legally at home first and do the symbolic ceremony in Mexico. To get legally married in Canada do we need witnesses?.... I want to keep it as secret as possible!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users