May 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#511 Nan

Nan
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by pineapplebride 

I sent my STD's out in June... I wanted to have them out a year in advance but they ended up taking me longer than I thought. June still worked fine because our group rate was held until Sept 8th so people had a lot of time to put down deposits.

I think I'll send invites out in Jan with RSVPs.

When are you ladies asking people to RSVP by? Does 2 months in advance seem a little early??

I think two months is ok provided that they Do answer. Sometimes people just forget to do so or procrastinate!! 

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#512 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
    • 161 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

We sent out Save the Dates in June.  I wanted them out in April, but my fiance was slow getting his guest list together.

We've ordered the invitations and I just got word that they are on the way.  I probably won't send them until the beginning of November with an RSVP deadline of Jan 31st. I'm also putting in an insert about dates to remember (early bird bonus booking deadline and final booking deadline) and a reminder of the website address, where all the booking information is.

Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#513 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
      • 267 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by pineapplebride 

I sent my STD's out in June... I wanted to have them out a year in advance but they ended up taking me longer than I thought. June still worked fine because our group rate was held until Sept 8th so people had a lot of time to put down deposits.

I think I'll send invites out in Jan with RSVPs.

When are you ladies asking people to RSVP by? Does 2 months in advance seem a little early??

We didn't do RSVP for Jamaica...we are going to do them for the AHR though as we will need the count...but I didn't figure that I needed to send anythink like that...figured if they booked they were coming, if they didn't book they werent...we don't have to finalize numbers until we get down there so we went that route.

I did send out our formal invites for Jamaica 2 weeks ago; I enclosed the STD for the AHR in a seperate envelope inside the Jamaica invitation though, along with a flyer from our TA.  I created invites for our AHR in June that I have not yet ordered but will soon and I plan to send those out in March or so.

#514 vlynnw

vlynnw
        • 6,003 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nan 

Vlynnw:  I´m so happy it turned out great with Juliet. Now we will be sharing florist! Are you doing anything else with her? I am. good luck and keep me posted....

Yeah, I think I'm going to go ahead and use her for hair and make-up too, and I'm undecided about having her do the canopy for us at the ceremony.

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#515 Tina5978

Tina5978
          • 231 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

Gosh I'm such a procrastinator! I've had my STD's for over 2 weeks and haven't gotten the envelopes for them.  I sure have to move on it.  I will be purchasing my dress on Saturday and going BM dress shopping so I suppose I'm moving along a bit.  Most of my guest will most likely book after the holidays so I'll be sending out the formal invites in January.

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
            Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#516 Nan

Nan
            • 599 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by vlynnw 

Yeah, I think I'm going to go ahead and use her for hair and make-up too, and I'm undecided about having her do the canopy for us at the ceremony.

Vlynnw We are now definitely having the same florist and She will be doing my hair and make-up too,  as a matter of fact she´s organizing my whole wedding. !! Who goes first? I´m getting married mid May.

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#517 Mrs. Williams

Mrs. Williams
              • 284 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:22 AM

We sent out our save the dates in July because I wanted everyone to have almost a full year to get things in order for the trip.  We created a website and a yahoo groups page so that we could disseminate information quickly and efficiently to the group.  I was thinking about sending out the formal invitations in November and giving a February 14th reply date, I figured they wouldn't forget that date.  LOL!  The early booking deadline is January 7th, so I figured that those that are coming will know by February 14th and those that haven't made up their minds will lose that booking rate.

I've put down the deposit on my dress and I'm going shopping with my bridesmaids on October 2nd.

#518 vlynnw

vlynnw
                • 6,003 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

Nan - May 6th, and I return home on the 13th so if you haven't left yet I'll post to let you know how it went with her

#519 Nan

Nan
                  • 599 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by vlynnw 

Nan - May 6th, and I return home on the 13th so if you haven't left yet I'll post to let you know how it went with her

great!! now you have to tell me which flowers you are getting and your colours. and all your ideas . I will be really nervous waiting for your review!!!

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#520 vlynnw

vlynnw
                    • 6,003 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

OH wow she's doing everything, that's awesome! I ordered my real touch bouquets months ago and here is what they look like.  My colors are tangerine and green apple, our flowers are all green cymbidium orchids and orange calla lilies.  The centerpieces I want though also have white hydrangeas in them.

great!! now you have to tell me which flowers you are getting and your colours. and all your ideas . I will be really nervous waiting for your review!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users