Photo

May 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#431 SKing24

SKing24
  • 265 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:52 PM

I ended up getting a Venus instead of a Maggie but when I was shopping I tried some on, and I was told 6 months.  I wouldn't wait until January because that's probably cutting it too close with alterations and everything.

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#432 Tina5978

Tina5978
    • 231 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:37 PM

I'm in the process of ordering a Maggie dress and it can take up to 6 months plus another 2 months for alterations so don't wait too long.  So I have my resort, dress and save the dates :).  Yet I'm so behind.

I ordered magnets from Vista Print with my Monogram and added information, I totally love them and they were super inexpensive.  They are also larger than normal maybe 5 x 4.  Love love!!

I was really ready to book Sungold photography but I'm not sure what's holding me back.  I have the contract on hand.  I guess because I initially purchased a dress on impulse that I wasn't in love with, as well as save the dates that were Blah...and I'm afraid to do the same with Photography.  But now I'm completely in love with my Maggie dress and my VistaPrint STD's.  I don't want to continue second guessing my 1st decisions 

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
      Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#433 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
      • 355 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

Missgomes - I would start shopping sooner than that, unless you are definitely planning to buy off the rack. Some stores will sell you anything, and others only carry samples and you will need to order. I actually just bought my dress this past weekend! :) It's an 'Ella', and it will only arrive in January. That leaves me the suggested 2 months for any alterations that might be necessary, and some extra 'padding' in case anything goes wrong!

It all depends on you, and what you're comfortable with. The dress is the last thing I wanted to be stressing about! Plus it's tons of fun to shop for, why put it off? :) Lol

Here's my dress:

187.JPG

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#434 sunkisseddreams

sunkisseddreams
        • 257 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 10:09 PM

OMG I can't believe how many May 6th brides there are!

Here are our details:

Lisa & Andrew, we live in Vancouver but are from Toronto.

We`re getting married May 6th 2011 at the Dream Riviera Cancunand our group is traveling May 1st - 8th

Our bridal party has been selected, I have been dress shopping once and am going again next week... I hoping to buy this time around as I already have one in mind:)

Our website complete and our Save the Dates went out at Aug 1st... you can check them out here:

http://www.bestdesti...ve-the-dates/10

9 more months ladies! 

Lisa :)

Lisa & Andrew ~ Dreams Riviera Cancun ~ May 6th, 2011

#435 rachel112233

rachel112233
          • 20 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

thank you very much for sharing all pics for all member please add more pics

thanks in advance

#436 eholt

eholt
            • 528 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 03:37 AM

Tina,

I will be arriving at the Suites on the 16th, your wedding day!  Mine weddign dayis on the 19th!  I totally understand about makin impulsive decisions.  Part of me knows its the right thing to do and part of me is like OMG, I do not want to waste money!  I impulsively purchased a dress and now I am having a hard time getting it off my hands.  Grrrrr!

Originally Posted by Tina5978 

I'm in the process of ordering a Maggie dress and it can take up to 6 months plus another 2 months for alterations so don't wait too long.  So I have my resort, dress and save the dates :).  Yet I'm so behind.

I ordered magnets from Vista Print with my Monogram and added information, I totally love them and they were super inexpensive.  They are also larger than normal maybe 5 x 4.  Love love!!

I was really ready to book Sungold photography but I'm not sure what's holding me back.  I have the contract on hand.  I guess because I initially purchased a dress on impulse that I wasn't in love with, as well as save the dates that were Blah...and I'm afraid to do the same with Photography.  But now I'm completely in love with my Maggie dress and my VistaPrint STD's.  I don't want to continue second guessing my 1st decisions 

May 19, 2011
              Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
              Montego Bay, Jamaica
              http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#437 missgomes

missgomes
              • 296 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Canadiansandy 

Missgomes - I would start shopping sooner than that, unless you are definitely planning to buy off the rack. Some stores will sell you anything, and others only carry samples and you will need to order. I actually just bought my dress this past weekend! :) It's an 'Ella', and it will only arrive in January. That leaves me the suggested 2 months for any alterations that might be necessary, and some extra 'padding' in case anything goes wrong!

It all depends on you, and what you're comfortable with. The dress is the last thing I wanted to be stressing about! Plus it's tons of fun to shop for, why put it off? :) Lol

I guess I should really start looking then.  I'm so clueless to this stuff.  I will definitely use you ladies as a planning guide!!   Thanks so much for the info!

#438 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                • 1,029 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by primavera 

I got the confirmation today! I'm officially a May 2011 bride to be :) May 4th is our date, so excited!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Congratulations Primavera!! We're wedding triplets along with Mellyrox - all May 4th 2011 :D

Things FI and I have recently accomplished:

- I bought my wedding dress this weekend!! So exciting :) I will post a picture from home.

- Our passport invites are finally done (we also paid for them to save our sanity, lol), they just need to be delivered to us and then sent out!

- We have 13 people booked plus ourselves! We are on our way - finally!

CONGRATS ON THE DRESS!

Here's my dress:

187.JPG

LOVE IT!

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#439 Mellyrox

Mellyrox
                  • 161 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:51 AM

Congratulations Primavera!! We're wedding triplets along with Mellyrox - all May 4th 2011 :D

Things FI and I have recently accomplished:

- I bought my wedding dress this weekend!! So exciting :) I will post a picture from home.

- Our passport invites are finally done (we also paid for them to save our sanity, lol), they just need to be delivered to us and then sent out!

- We have 13 people booked plus ourselves! We are on our way - finally!

Congrats, Primavera!  I'm the other third of the May 4th wedding triplets

I swing wildly between feeling overwhelmed and feeling like I am totally organized. It really depends on the day!

Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

#440 primavera

primavera
                    • 428 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mellyrox 

Congrats, Primavera!  I'm the other third of the May 4th wedding triplets

I swing wildly between feeling overwhelmed and feeling like I am totally organized. It really depends on the day!

Thank you girls!!! I'm feel the same, yesterday I was overwhelmed and today I feel like I have it under control :) I have to finalize these STDs and I will feel much better. I haven't even started looking for a dress, but have been checking out the knock-off dresses thread on this forum and I think that is the way I want to go. I still have to decide on a style though, but first STDs.

What did you all do for STDs? I'm thinking of doing postcards on Vistaprint since they are free and then do my own passport invites.

April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users