Jump to content

Photo

May 2011 Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#401 JR14

JR14
  • Jr. Member
  • 244 posts

    Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

    Our all inclusive hotel where we'll be staying for the week with our guests is the Royal Decameron Panama - then I opted to have the wedding at a more upscale boutique hotel called the Bristol Buenaventura.  My ceremony is scheduled to start at 5pm and I just met with my photographer (who I booked!!) this week and he told me that it wouldn't allow enough time for pictures before the sun goes down.  So I'm considering moving it up an hour or 2 if possible.

     

    Also I am now reconsidering when to have the wedding during our trip.  Our trip is Monday to Monday, May 23-30th, and set the date for Saturday May 28th to end the trip with a BANG! (plus we're having fireworks!! lol)... so I chose to do this thinking I'd need the week to finalize last minute wedding details, but now I'm actually getting to go to the resorts at the end of September to check things out, so maybe I should make it a mid-week wedding so that we can all relax and enjoy time being married.  Is it better to just get the wedding over with earlier?

     

    Originally Posted by primavera 

    I am sooo far behind haha! The only thing I have done is chosen the resort and sent in the date request, even though I'm still debating the date....only time available was 6.30pm, do you guys think that is too late???

    I have my wedding band, but we still need to get one for FI. I have designed the STDs but not ordered them yet.

     

    JR14, where in Panama are you getting married? We were considering Panama for a little while there.




    J + R ~ Bristol Buenaventura, Panama ~ 26.May.2011~~ 95 booked (+ bride & groom)


    #402 PzWifey2B

    PzWifey2B
    • Newbie
    • 4 posts

      Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

      I'm so excited that I joined this site.

      We're getting married 5/6/11 at The Royal Cabrie Real Resort.

      Haven't gotten my dress yet, but I'm looking.

      I want something semi-sexy :)



      #403 primavera

      primavera
      • Jr. Member
      • 428 posts

        Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

        Originally Posted by JR14 

        Our all inclusive hotel where we'll be staying for the week with our guests is the Royal Decameron Panama - then I opted to have the wedding at a more upscale boutique hotel called the Bristol Buenaventura.  My ceremony is scheduled to start at 5pm and I just met with my photographer (who I booked!!) this week and he told me that it wouldn't allow enough time for pictures before the sun goes down.  So I'm considering moving it up an hour or 2 if possible.

         

        Also I am now reconsidering when to have the wedding during our trip.  Our trip is Monday to Monday, May 23-30th, and set the date for Saturday May 28th to end the trip with a BANG! (plus we're having fireworks!! lol)... so I chose to do this thinking I'd need the week to finalize last minute wedding details, but now I'm actually getting to go to the resorts at the end of September to check things out, so maybe I should make it a mid-week wedding so that we can all relax and enjoy time being married.  Is it better to just get the wedding over with earlier?

         


         

        Panama will be so exciting!! I look forward to read your review when you get back, it is one of the few countries where I have never been and FFIL is a dual citizen and want to retire there so I have helped him with a lot of research about places in Panama.

         

        I am the worst person to ask about when to get married during the trip, I keep changing my mind haha! I think we will move our day to Wed (we have booked Thurs) and we have people traveling Sat - Sat and then some that will just come for a few days. My TA said that it is good to at least have 2 days after you arrive before your wedding. I am worried about not getting enough "after-wedding-relaxing" time and during the date we chose the only time available is 6.30pm and sun sets at 7.15-7.20 during that time.
         


        April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

        #404 JR14

        JR14
        • Jr. Member
        • 244 posts

          Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

          I'm really worried about the same and would want as much "stress free" time as possible.  Being there Monday - Monday and having a Saturday wedding will have me ANXIOUS all week!! 

          I think I'm going to try to move my wedding day up to the Thursday May 26th.

           

          I'll try to take/post as many pics as I can during my site-visit in September for you! :)
           

          Originally Posted by primavera 

          Panama will be so exciting!! I look forward to read your review when you get back, it is one of the few countries where I have never been and FFIL is a dual citizen and want to retire there so I have helped him with a lot of research about places in Panama.

           

          I am the worst person to ask about when to get married during the trip, I keep changing my mind haha! I think we will move our day to Wed (we have booked Thurs) and we have people traveling Sat - Sat and then some that will just come for a few days. My TA said that it is good to at least have 2 days after you arrive before your wedding. I am worried about not getting enough "after-wedding-relaxing" time and during the date we chose the only time available is 6.30pm and sun sets at 7.15-7.20 during that time.
           




          J + R ~ Bristol Buenaventura, Panama ~ 26.May.2011~~ 95 booked (+ bride & groom)


          #405 primavera

          primavera
          • Jr. Member
          • 428 posts

            Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

            Originally Posted by JR14 

            I'm really worried about the same and would want as much "stress free" time as possible.  Being there Monday - Monday and having a Saturday wedding will have me ANXIOUS all week!! 

            I think I'm going to try to move my wedding day up to the Thursday May 26th.

             

            I'll try to take/post as many pics as I can during my site-visit in September for you! :)
             


             

            I think I will do that too :) Move it up that is. I can only move it up one day but when I called the resort yesterday the whole day was open so we would be the only wedding and could choose our time.

             

            Oh yeah, forgot that you are doing a site visit, how cool! I wish we could afford to do that too, it would ease my mind a lot :)
             


            April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

            #406 Mrs. Williams

            Mrs. Williams
            • Jr. Member
            • 284 posts

              Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

              Awww JR14, you would be my first date twin if you kept your date.  Good luck with deciding when to have the ceremony.  For me, I didn't even consider a different day other than Saturday.  I guess that's because we won't be there for that long.  I'm going from Wednesday - Monday.



              #407 Cherazi

              Cherazi
              • Jr. Member
              • 196 posts

                Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:57 AM

                I love your wedding dress and my colors are purple and orange too :) Don't change a thing!
                 

                Originally Posted by Nan 



                I´m getting married at  a private villa called Casa Perla  my colors are purple and orange but still thinking if I should change... What do you think of my wedding dress? 

                 

                imagen-23.png
                 





                #408 primavera

                primavera
                • Jr. Member
                • 428 posts

                  Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:26 PM

                  I sent an email today to change out date to 4th of May, so cross your fingers that it is still available please! I tried to call to make sure but they must have been busy with another wedding or just out of the office. If I don't hear back on Monday I will try and call again. I feel so much better about this decision :)


                  April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

                  #409 SKing24

                  SKing24
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 265 posts

                    Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:49 AM



                    Originally Posted by primavera 

                    I sent an email today to change out date to 4th of May, so cross your fingers that it is still available please! I tried to call to make sure but they must have been busy with another wedding or just out of the office. If I don't hear back on Monday I will try and call again. I feel so much better about this decision :)


                    I didnt realize you were going to be the day before me.  Now you'll be 2 days before me :)
                     


                    Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

                    #410 primavera

                    primavera
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 428 posts

                      Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

                      Quote:

                      Originally Posted by SKing24 




                      I didnt realize you were going to be the day before me.  Now you'll be 2 days before me :)
                       


                      Probably because I have changed my mind so many times hahaha! Hard to keep up with! When is your ceremony? I will still be there when you get there, most of us leave that Sunday or Saturday. :)


                      April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users