Jump to content

Photo

May 2011 Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#381 primavera

primavera
  • Jr. Member
  • 428 posts

    Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:48 PM

    Originally Posted by vlynnw 




    our wedding is on Friday and we and majority of our guest are arriving on Monday


    Lots of our guests will be arriving on Saturday (leaving next Saturday) and I want to have enough time to relax with them after the wedding, so I'm not sure what to do. We have some guests that only will be able to come for a few days too. I was thinking 5.5.2011 and it is a Thursday. But then I only have 2 days after the wedding to really relax :S


    April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

    #382 Mellyrox

    Mellyrox
    • Jr. Member
    • 161 posts

      Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

      CanadianSandy, you're my first wedding twin :)

      Attached Files


      Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

      #383 Nan

      Nan
      • Member
      • 599 posts

        Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:33 AM



        Originally Posted by primavera 

        Quote:

        I'm getting married at Now Jade Riviera Cancun sometime during the first week of May lol! I am still trying to decide on the date, not sure what weekday would be the best. Any advice?

        We have guests coming from the US (= shorter vacation = shorter stay) and guests from Europe (=more vacation = longer stay). I want to be there when the first people arrive too.

        Primavera I have the same problem plus guests from Mexico so I have to decide If I want to greet people  when they arrive or stay after the wedding to say goodbye! I´m planning on gettiing there a week before the wedding, have all the celebrations and then stay two more days to relax enjoy the beach, And then.. honeymoon! secret! Ha ve you got any ideas of what you will be doing? your colours? music? mariachi? food? 
         


        Nan and Erik forever!!!

        #384 Mrs. Williams

        Mrs. Williams
        • Jr. Member
        • 284 posts

          Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

          We aren't staying at the hotel for long because my FI has to get back to work, so I'll be leaving on Wednesday leaving Monday and he's coming down either Thursday or Friday leaving on Monday as well.  We don't live together now and we still won't be living together after the ceremony because he's in another town for work.  We will do a honeymoon in July for 2 weeks.  1 week alone and 1 week with our daughter (4 years old).



          #385 primavera

          primavera
          • Jr. Member
          • 428 posts

            Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:47 AM

            Originally Posted by Nan 



            Primavera I have the same problem plus guests from Mexico so I have to decide If I want to greet people  when they arrive or stay after the wedding to say goodbye! I´m planning on gettiing there a week before the wedding, have all the celebrations and then stay two more days to relax enjoy the beach, And then.. honeymoon! secret! Ha ve you got any ideas of what you will be doing? your colours? music? mariachi? food? 
             

            It is so difficult. I feel like I would be able to relax some more if the wedding was earlier during the stay but at the same time it is easier for the American guests if it is on a Thursday.

            I have no idea what else I'll be doing as far as music and food, I just want to set the date and then I can start planning. My colors are blue/aqua, light green/sage & beige/latte, that I know because my FI liked those colors haha! What resort are you getting married at?
             


            April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

            #386 Lolita29

            Lolita29
            • Jr. Member
            • 426 posts

              Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

              I'm getting married in Cabo on May 14 and my ceremony is going to be at 6
               

              Originally Posted by primavera 

              How did you decide on your time? I know the sun sets around 7.10-7.20 pm in Mexico in May, but not sure how to know how much time we will need before that for the ceremony and photos. I want some photos in sunset and some in sunlight....

              May is getting full at our resort so most of the dates we can only choose between 3 pm or 6-6.30 pm.





              #387 Nan

              Nan
              • Member
              • 599 posts

                Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:41 AM



                Originally Posted by primavera 

                It is so difficult. I feel like I would be able to relax some more if the wedding was earlier during the stay but at the same time it is easier for the American guests if it is on a Thursday.

                I have no idea what else I'll be doing as far as music and food, I just want to set the date and then I can start planning. My colors are blue/aqua, light green/sage & beige/latte, that I know because my FI liked those colors haha! What resort are you getting married at?
                 

                I´m getting married at  a private villa called Casa Perla  my colors are purple and orange but still thinking if I should change... What do you think of my wedding dress? 

                 

                imagen-23.png
                 


                Nan and Erik forever!!!

                #388 primavera

                primavera
                • Jr. Member
                • 428 posts

                  Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:50 AM

                  Originally Posted by Nan 



                  I´m getting married at  a private villa called Casa Perla  my colors are purple and orange but still thinking if I should change... What do you think of my wedding dress? 

                   

                  imagen-23.png
                   


                  I love the dress!!!! Perfect for a destination wedding! Where did you find it? Was the private villa really expensive?


                  April 29, 2011 - Now Jade Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

                  #389 Mrs. Williams

                  Mrs. Williams
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 284 posts

                    Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:51 AM

                    I think the dress is perfect for the occasion. You will look lovely!



                    #390 JaimeCF2BR

                    JaimeCF2BR
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 408 posts

                      Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

                      Hey Girls...I'm a May 7, 2011 Bride.  Riviera Maya, Mexico May 7, 2011!  I've been engaged and planning since December '09, but have only very recently gotten involved in the forum. 

                       

                      Its so interesting to see the different stages everyone is in.  I thought I was far ahead, but I see a few others that are even further ahead than me!

                       

                      Happy Planning Everyone!

                       

                      Jaime

                       

                      Azul Sensatori, May 7, 2011.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users