Photo

May 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#341 Cherazi

Cherazi
  • 196 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:14 AM

Hi Amber, It's cool that we will be there at the same time.I will message you my email address so we can stay in touch.  

#342 SarahE786

SarahE786
    • 176 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by pineapplebride 

Its been such a long time since I've been on here...I didn't even recognize the forum!! Trying to spend as little time as possible indoors on the computer during the summer time.... and my wedding planning has dipped to all time lows.

I just put a deposit on my wedding dress!! I think it has re-inspired and motivated me with the wedding planning!!

Here it is. Pronovias Galante. I don't want to post a picture of me in it because I'm paranoid that FI will be snooping around this forum! hah

Here is the model in my dress...

Pronovias-Galante2.jpg

Its absolutely stunning!! ...and I definitely agree that buying the dress encourages you to get started on wedding planning! I feel so much more invested these days!

#343 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
      • 267 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:26 AM

I ordered from the company Forever Yours. We ordered them at the end of May...they came in on Friday; but each company varies. 

The only reason that we ordered them sooo early was because as soon as I found this dress, I knew that was what I wanted.  But just to be sure I did the whole, look around some more thing.  Nothing was comparing and anything that even came close to making the cut, didn't come in the fuchsia and tangerine colors that I wanted...plus I wanted both colors to be on each dress...so with the fear of the possibility of the dresses being discontinued, we placed the order ASAP...

Originally Posted by SarahE786 

WOW! You all are so on top of things! I wasn't going to bridesmaid dress shopping for a little while still! How long does it take them to come in? I thought I had plenty of time!?

#344 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
        • 267 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

Definitely go with the one that you want and that you feel beautiful in!!!  Other's opinions help, but ultimately it should be your decision and if you aren't excited about the one they picked...I think you should either keep looking or go with your female intuition!!  My dress is not at all a typical destination dress, but I didn't want it to be.  I figure that I am going to be the one wearing it and I only plan on doing this one time in my life, so I am going to live it up as much as possible!  It is your day...do what you are going to do for you!  :)

Originally Posted by Mrs. Williams 

Ladies, I just went dress shopping and put a deposit down on a dress but now I'm having second thoughts about it. I went with the dress I purchased because my moms said it looked better for my body, personality, and location of the wedding. It just seem a little plain to me and I really liked the second one. What's a girl to do?

#345 *lyndsey*

*lyndsey*
          • 184 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

I also have ordered a pronovias dress, similar to yours but strapless & I love love love it!!x

Its been such a long time since I've been on here...I didn't even recognize the forum!! Trying to spend as little time as possible indoors on the computer during the summer time.... and my wedding planning has dipped to all time lows.

I just put a deposit on my wedding dress!! I think it has re-inspired and motivated me with the wedding planning!!

Here it is. Pronovias Galante. I don't want to post a picture of me in it because I'm paranoid that FI will be snooping around this forum! hah

Pronovias-Galante2.jpg

#346 Nan

Nan
            • 599 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:36 AM

wow I love it!!  I have also ordered my dress at Pronovias  

Nan and Erik forever!!!

#347 Cherazi

Cherazi
              • 196 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

I tried dresses for the first time this weekend and I loved a couple of Pronovias ones. They made me feel like a beautiful version of myself :)

#348 rosieposie

rosieposie
                • 649 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:39 PM

gorgeous dress Heather! yes, it definately kicks the planning up a notch after getting the dress.

but lovely weather we've been having so why not enjoy it before it's rain rain rain again.

there's a meet up again, check back at the Vancouver thread, Sept. 15 @ this coffee shop at the Fairmont Pacific Rim...maybe I'll see you there  :)

Pronovias-Galante2.jpg

#349 Mrs. Williams

Mrs. Williams
                  • 284 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

Ok, so as requested, here are pictures of me in the two dresses.  The first dress is 2034 and the second 2117.

Dress 2034.JPGDress 2117.JPG

#350 ngtngp

ngtngp
                    • Validating
                    • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:18 PM

You gals are really far along in your planning process!!!  Good job!

I have my priorities out of order.  I've found my dress and ties for the groomsmen, but that's pretty much it.  We're going to have a non-resort beach wedding and stay at a boutique hotel to cut costs for our guests.  Still have to find a local wedding planner there to take care of our beach ceremony and book a restaurant for our reception.  So basically, I've done nothing.

But here's my dress!

mexicodress.jpg

Happy planning!

-p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users