Jump to content

Photo

May 2011 Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#211 vlynnw

vlynnw
  • Sr. Member
  • 6,003 posts

    Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

    Nicola that's great news!!

    I have a question for all of you. Part of our quote from our TA is for the insurance which is a cancel at anytime (if anyone needs to cancel they get all of their money back), up to $5,000 for medical needs and coverage for any lost baggage or anything like that. So my question is this is costing about $114 pp and is part of my TA's package...is this really necessary?
    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

    #212 pineapplebride

    pineapplebride
    • Jr. Member
    • 232 posts

      Posted 02 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by vlynnw
      Nicola that's great news!!

      I have a question for all of you. Part of our quote from our TA is for the insurance which is a cancel at anytime (if anyone needs to cancel they get all of their money back), up to $5,000 for medical needs and coverage for any lost baggage or anything like that. So my question is this is costing about $114 pp and is part of my TA's package...is this really necessary?
      I have been meaning to find out about trip insurance with my TA - thanks for reminding me! I believe our TA is offering us some sort of "wedding insurance", where if by any chance the bride and groom cancel their trip (h1n1, hurricane..etc..), all guests get a full refund as well. I will find out the cost of that and let you know.

      As far as medical coverage I get mine on a yearly basis through my extended health at work. I do think this is very important and would recommend getting it. I have heard of people requiring hospitalization in a foreign country (even the US for us Canadians) and getting a ridiculous bill at the end of it all.

      Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

      Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale


      #213 Mellyrox

      Mellyrox
      • Jr. Member
      • 161 posts

        Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

        We booked the same insurance - cancellation, trip interruption, lost luggage and medical. It worked out to $150 for each of us with taxes included. I kept going back and forth about it, and finally decided to just book it. I just can't risk not having it.

        I updated my website to give everyone information about the insurance if they are interested and directing them to my TA.
        Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

        #214 Mellyrox

        Mellyrox
        • Jr. Member
        • 161 posts

          Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

          Nicola, that is fantastic news!!! You must be so pleased:)
          Vince and Mel - Grand Palladium Jamaica, May 04, 2011

          #215 MaggieandJay

          MaggieandJay
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,029 posts

            Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by pineapplebride
            I have been meaning to find out about trip insurance with my TA - thanks for reminding me! I believe our TA is offering us some sort of "wedding insurance", where if by any chance the bride and groom cancel their trip (h1n1, hurricane..etc..), all guests get a full refund as well. I will find out the cost of that and let you know.
            .
            I would like to know any info you end up finding out about "Wedding Insurance" Thanks!
            Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

            #216 vlynnw

            vlynnw
            • Sr. Member
            • 6,003 posts

              Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MaggieandJay
              I would like to know any info you end up finding out about "Wedding Insurance" Thanks!
              Wedding Insurance | Travelers Wedding Protector Plan

              This is the place I've been looking at for wedding insurance.

              The insurance my TA quoted me though was completely different and she wasn't letting anyone have a choice of whether they wanted it or not and I think they should be able to choose that. So we are now switching TA's because everything she's been quoting us has been way over-priced and she told me it's not possible to have a price drop, and that she couldn't get flights arranged for my MOH from Luxembourg because her wholesaler won't do that, so since her rates were much higher she wouldn't allow for a one time price drop and couldn't accommodate my MOH I decided it wasn't worth it.
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

              #217 MaggieandJay

              MaggieandJay
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,029 posts

                Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by vlynnw
                Wedding Insurance | Travelers Wedding Protector Plan

                This is the place I've been looking at for wedding insurance.

                The insurance my TA quoted me though was completely different and she wasn't letting anyone have a choice of whether they wanted it or not and I think they should be able to choose that. So we are now switching TA's because everything she's been quoting us has been way over-priced and she told me it's not possible to have a price drop, and that she couldn't get flights arranged for my MOH from Luxembourg because her wholesaler won't do that, so since her rates were much higher she wouldn't allow for a one time price drop and couldn't accommodate my MOH I decided it wasn't worth it.
                Thanks for the Traveler's Link!!!
                Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

                #218 hockeymom97

                hockeymom97
                • Sr. Member
                • 2,458 posts

                  Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by vlynnw
                  Wedding Insurance | Travelers Wedding Protector Plan

                  This is the place I've been looking at for wedding insurance.
                  I just took a look at the policy and for $160 it doesn't seem like a bad idea.
                  Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

                  #219 rosieposie

                  rosieposie
                  • Member
                  • 649 posts

                    Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by vlynnw
                    Nicola that's great news!!

                    I have a question for all of you. Part of our quote from our TA is for the insurance which is a cancel at anytime (if anyone needs to cancel they get all of their money back), up to $5,000 for medical needs and coverage for any lost baggage or anything like that. So my question is this is costing about $114 pp and is part of my TA's package...is this really necessary?
                    Our TA also gave us a "cancel any reason" insurance - $99 with medical and baggage, etc.
                    We're definately recommending our guests picking it up, or some sort of insurance if they prefer from another provider.
                    At the very least - just medical becuase a couple years back, our friends went to Mexico and all 4 ended up
                    At the hospital with e.coli inbalance! Thankfully they got their money back from insurance or it would havebeen a hefty bill for them!

                    Perhaps it might be good to shop around a bit and compare policies from different providers?

                    #220 bigboponthebeach

                    bigboponthebeach
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 456 posts

                      Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

                      Hi Ladies....I see you have been busy in here! I just caught up on all that you have written! Everyone seems to be moving along at a steady pace. I've been stuck over in the AS thread (totally addicted), and have not had a chance to catch up on much else. :-) I have ordered and have recieved my STD's and have not had a chance yet to mail them out yet. They came last weekend in the mail and I've just been too busy to sit down and address them. Anywho, sometime this weekend I will get it done! I hope May 2011 brides are all well!!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users