Jump to content

Photo

May 2011 Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#181 eholt

eholt
  • Member
  • 528 posts

    Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:59 PM

    I am getting married in Jamaica on May 19, 2011. I have secured a date, gotten my dress, ordered STD's (they were shipped today). How early is too early to book a photographer?
    May 19, 2011
    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
    http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

    #182 pineapplebride

    pineapplebride
    • Jr. Member
    • 232 posts

      Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

      Rosieposie - would you mind telling me who the photographer you booked for your wedding is again, I wanted to check out their work.... i but completely forget the name! hehe thanks!

      Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

      Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale


      #183 rosieposie

      rosieposie
      • Member
      • 649 posts

        Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by pineapplebride
        Rosieposie - would you mind telling me who the photographer you booked for your wedding is again, I wanted to check out their work.... i but completely forget the name! hehe thanks!
        no problem =)
        we booked Nora Bohanon she's one on the vendors on this forum. You can see her schedule and recent weddings she's shot on her blog. i think she was at your resort earlier this year.

        how did dress shopping go?

        #184 pineapplebride

        pineapplebride
        • Jr. Member
        • 232 posts

          Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:18 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by rosieposie
          no problem =)
          we booked Nora Bohanon she's one on the vendors on this forum. You can see her schedule and recent weddings she's shot on her blog. i think she was at your resort earlier this year.

          how did dress shopping go?
          Thanks Rose!! Dress shopping went really well! I found 3 dresses that I love... so I am going to take my girlfriends out with me and help me narrow it down! I'll keep you posted on which one I choose!

          Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

          Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale


          #185 pineapplebride

          pineapplebride
          • Jr. Member
          • 232 posts

            Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:20 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by eholt
            I am getting married in Jamaica on May 19, 2011. I have secured a date, gotten my dress, ordered STD's (they were shipped today). How early is too early to book a photographer?
            Wow.. you sound well prepared!
            I don't think it can ever be too early to book your photographer! If you find one you love I'd book them!!

            Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

            Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale


            #186 tris

            tris
            • Member
            • 609 posts

              Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:55 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by eholt
              I am getting married in Jamaica on May 19, 2011. I have secured a date, gotten my dress, ordered STD's (they were shipped today). How early is too early to book a photographer?
              I don't think there are rules for DWs.

              I have my photographer booked already (for my May 2nd wedding) because I wanted to get someone I really liked. On the other hand I have no dress, and SVD's SHOULD be sent out by next week.
              Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

              #187 normamichelle

              normamichelle
              • Newbie
              • 20 posts

                Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:01 AM

                Hey ladies:

                Got my contract via email today for Playacar Palace in Riviera Maya and I was told that the onsite coordinator would not be contacting me until 30 days prior to the wedding date!! That seems a little crazy to me and since some of you already started planning for 2011 I was wondering if this is common for most resorts or if I should switch asap? any thoughts?

                #188 rosieposie

                rosieposie
                • Member
                • 649 posts

                  Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by pineapplebride
                  Thanks Rose!! Dress shopping went really well! I found 3 dresses that I love... so I am going to take my girlfriends out with me and help me narrow it down! I'll keep you posted on which one I choose!
                  that's great!
                  yes, definately keep us posted!

                  #189 eholt

                  eholt
                  • Member
                  • 528 posts

                    Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

                    @ normamichelle, mine told me the same thing. I think yuo contact your vendor (florist, photographer, etc) and reserve them and then your WC @ the resort simply brings everything together in terms of location, reception reservation, etc. I am still a little iffy about 1 month though. part of says it will be ok since they do this every single day! IDK...
                    May 19, 2011
                    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                    Montego Bay, Jamaica
                    http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

                    #190 SKing24

                    SKing24
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 265 posts

                      Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

                      Hi everyone! I am a May 6, 2011 bride, getting married at Now Jade Riviera Cancun. I thought I was on top of things by getting the resort booked but after reading this thread I see I'm way behind! I can't believe some of you have your dress and have even written the ceremony already.
                      Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users