May 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#1581 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by DanniS 

Has anyone ran into people making comments about "isn't your wedding over??? Why are you having another reception" I had no bad comments about having a wedding in Mexico but now that people have received our invitation to our bbq AHR they are making snid remarks.  Makes me second guess having a AHR

That sucks! What a way to make you feel terrible while this is such a joyous time in your life. I know it's hard to do-but try to let it go. This is your marriage and you may celebrate it any way you chose! In a lot of cultures around the world, the wedding is stretched to days or even a week of celebrating! Live it up!

#1582 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
    • 447 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by gingerpeach 

Stunning slideshow, you looked amazing congratulations. I cannot wait to get my pics now... :)

Thank you very much! It is so exciting when the pictures finally come back! I felt like I was reliving the day all over again while I watched it!

#1583 vlynnw

vlynnw
      • 6,003 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 

A DIY photobooth sounds so fun! I bet your guests will love that! Are you showing the video back at your house?

No everything will be done at the AHR location, there is a patio off from our room that will have a TV to show the video that I finally got clipped down to 23 minutes.  I'm really starting to panic though bc I still don't have our pro pics back!!! I know she has 6 weeks but this is week 6 so I'm a little on edge I don't want to have to be putting this together the very last minute.  We're also going to print out all of our pics and string them on clothes line as well....that is if I ever get them. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#1584 NEMMERZ

NEMMERZ
        • 195 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by DanniS 

Has anyone ran into people making comments about "isn't your wedding over??? Why are you having another reception" I had no bad comments about having a wedding in Mexico but now that people have received our invitation to our bbq AHR they are making snid remarks.  Makes me second guess having a AHR

Danni

I havent run into that problem yet, but I am getting people that all want to bring food.......

I guess ppl do just think its a picnic.....

I guess they are as confused as I am....

Oh, if they all could be on the forum!! LOL

BTW, dont second guess having an AHR, ppl making those comments just arent happy for you, so that is my guess anyway.

I have not had one of those comments, so......... maybe some ppl just have to say some crappy things sometimes

Just forget about it, and they dont have to attend if they feel that way........no biggie :)

#1585 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
          • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:15 AM

Anyone doing POST wedding Annoucements Living Social has a deal today

Ladies - Houston Living Social has a VISTA PRINT DEAL TODAY

today's deal from Vistaprint: $50 to spend on stationery, calendars, mugs, and more for just $10. 

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#1586 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
            • 1,029 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:26 AM

Here are the 2 annoucements I did POST wedding

1. is Thank you for attending

2. is one I sent to people who were invited but didn't attend!

I am pretty proud of them. Did them on Shutterflyannoucement1.jpgannoucement 2.jpg

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#1587 NEMMERZ

NEMMERZ
              • 195 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

wow Maggie impressive

I love them, so very nice :)

I sent thank you cards similiar but made them cards so I could hand write on them. Im kinda old fashion that way....

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

Here are the 2 annoucements I did POST wedding

1. is Thank you for attending

2. is one I sent to people who were invited but didn't attend!

I am pretty proud of them. Did them on Shutterflyannoucement1.jpgannoucement 2.jpg

#1588 MichCraw

MichCraw
                • 369 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:24 AM

Very nice, love the closeup of both of you

Attached Files

#1589 eholt

eholt
                  • 528 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

I am working on my announcement, similar to the ones above on Mixbook.com.  I have a Groupon that I have to use before teh 26th but I am waiting for additional pics from my photographer as well.

May 19, 2011
                    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                    Montego Bay, Jamaica
                    http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#1590 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                    • 447 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by vlynnw 

No everything will be done at the AHR location, there is a patio off from our room that will have a TV to show the video that I finally got clipped down to 23 minutes.  I'm really starting to panic though bc I still don't have our pro pics back!!! I know she has 6 weeks but this is week 6 so I'm a little on edge I don't want to have to be putting this together the very last minute.  We're also going to print out all of our pics and string them on clothes line as well....that is if I ever get them. 

I was totally feeling the panic too (and still kind of am)! Since the cd of the pictures along with the slideshow are being mailed I am worried about them not getting here in time!  Your ideas sound fantastic! after all, what is a wedding without a little stress? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users