Photo

May 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#1241 vlynnw

vlynnw
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:55 AM

Our cake came with our wedding package so we're doing both the dessert and the wedding cake since it's included.

Re; Gifts, we've already said no gifts in Mexico! However, we will except them at the AHR if they feel the need to get us something. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#1242 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:57 AM

haha *accept...I need to wake up

oh Danni good luck with the dress situation, how different are the shades of purple and if all the mothers have them then I think it may be nice normally different various shades of one color can look pretty good. 

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#1243 Cherazi

Cherazi
      • 196 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:58 AM

We have asked for no gifts as well. We are very grateful that they are coming to Mexico. But should we have a box anyway? I am worried that the guests show up with envelopes and don't know what to do with them ...

#1244 kitty25967

kitty25967
        • 320 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

Our cake is also included in our package.  We only get to choose 1 app, 1 entree, & dessert...though I have considered trying to see if they will let me do soup, salad, entree, and no dessert since we are having cake.....  Do you girls think that would be better.  I reallly like the idea of a soup or appetizer plus a salad instead of 2 desserts. 

#1245 Cherazi

Cherazi
          • 196 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

I agree, soup or salad is better than dessert and cake!

Originally Posted by kitty25967 

Our cake is also included in our package.  We only get to choose 1 app, 1 entree, & dessert...though I have considered trying to see if they will let me do soup, salad, entree, and no dessert since we are having cake.....  Do you girls think that would be better.  I reallly like the idea of a soup or appetizer plus a salad instead of 2 desserts. 

#1246 NurseM

NurseM
            • Site Supporter
            • 187 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:49 AM

I thought about that but decided to get little cake boxes and made stickers to put on top, people can take a piece of cake back to their room for a late night snack instead. I don't want the cake to go to waste and the deserts look good too!

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

#1247 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
              • 447 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hi! I ordered the Jamaican Jerk seasoning from myspicesage.com I have been really happy with them and so glad i picked this instead of my original idea of blending my own spice mix. This way, i know for certain it tastes good! :)

Originally Posted by eholt 

Hey!  Here did you order the Jamaican jerk seasoning?????

#1248 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                • 447 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:54 AM

Since it's only my fiance and I, we stuck with the standard cake that was offered but chose the pineapple filling! For our big AHR, we chose four different tropical themed cupcakes in various mini and large sizes.

#1249 welljen

welljen
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 94 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

Hi NurseM,

That is a great idea. Just wondering where did you get your cake boxes and stickers?

Thanks!
                    J

Originally Posted by NurseM 

I thought about that but decided to get little cake boxes and made stickers to put on top, people can take a piece of cake back to their room for a late night snack instead. I don't want the cake to go to waste and the deserts look good too!

#1250 NurseM

NurseM
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 187 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

Cake boxes at micheals but i also have seen them on many different wedding supplier websites. And as for the stickers I designed one and then printed them on avery large mailing labels with our monogram, the boxes are flat and the WC at the resort will put them together for us

May 24, 2011 Dreams Cancun Bride & Groom + 35 booked and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users