May 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#1111 hwilley218

hwilley218
  • Site Supporter
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

I'm taking all of wedding stuff on the plane with us- I've heard too many horror stories of stuff not arriving if it was shipped. 

Sandos Playacar May 7th 2011

#1112 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
    • 232 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

I was going to say this exact same thing!

I think it is best to bring it down with you, I've heard too many stories of stuff getting stuck at customs for months or just getting lost!

Originally Posted by hwilley218 

I'm taking all of wedding stuff on the plane with us- I've heard too many horror stories of stuff not arriving if it was shipped. 

Is anyone doing raffia fans with the handles covered in ribbon?? I'm just starting this project but I don't know what type of ribbon would be best to use. The satin ribbon is so expensive... and I'm not sure how much I will need! Any advice??

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#1113 kcho2307

kcho2307
      • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

thanks so much everyone! i will try to bring most everything with us, but we also have these bigger metal lanterns that will hold pillar candles that just seem so big! think we're going to ship half of them soon, and bring the rest with us when we head down.

#1114 kcho2307

kcho2307
        • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

@ cherazi--

i love the date as well!  think it fits our personalities :)

#1115 kitty25967

kitty25967
          • 320 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

I plan on shipping my OOT bags (the bags only, not the contents) because I am using market baskets and have to do 20+ of them so there is NO way we can carry them down.  My resort allows us to ship ahead of time, so I plan on doing so.  Everything else will be carried in suitcases.

#1116 NEMMERZ

NEMMERZ
            • 195 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by pineapplebride 

I was going to say this exact same thing!

I think it is best to bring it down with you, I've heard too many stories of stuff getting stuck at customs for months or just getting lost!

Is anyone doing raffia fans with the handles covered in ribbon?? I'm just starting this project but I don't know what type of ribbon would be best to use. The satin ribbon is so expensive... and I'm not sure how much I will need! Any advice??

I too want to do the Raffia Fans, but dont know where to buy them yet...........so i am still waiting to order those..

Where did you buy them???

I think any ribbon would do..............i will have to make a trip to PatCatan's a  craft store here to look for ribbon....

I also bought all my TULLE on ebay for the chairs, maybe give EBay a try. (they dont have any RAFFIA fans reasonable tho :(...)

#1117 kitty25967

kitty25967
              • 320 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

They have some at Oriental Trading that are inexpensive

#1118 pineapplebride

pineapplebride
                • 232 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

I bought my raffia fans through oriental trading! Very inexpensive! I ended up buying satin ribbon in fuchsia and orange and I'm going to start wrapping them this weekend! I still don't know how much ribbon I'll need....

I just finished my luggage tags!! IMG_0676.JPG

My sand ceremony set just arrived. http://www.amazon.co...98588704&sr=8-3 I highly recommend them! I got them personalized and they still shipped in less than 3 days from when I ordered! We still need to buy the sand though!

We finally picked FI's ring: http://www.titaniumk...ng-P104048.html

He loves it, I keep catching him trying it on and looking at himself in the mirror (he'd kill me if he ever read this)

FI's suit arrived from studiosuits. We ordered it in tropical beige and absolutely LOVE it!!! Now we just need to find him a shirt!

I have my first dress fitting tonight!!! My mom and best friend are coming with me! I still haven't picked my shoes yet... well I've actually bought 3 different pairs I just haven't decided which ones, if any of them I want to wear for my wedding day.

I have designed my ceremony programs and reception menus and mint matchbooks (thanks rosie) I'm just so sick of cutting stuff with my fiskar paper cutter that I've taken a break. I think I'll take the rest to my friends work (she's an elementary school teacher) and use their big slicer paper cutter to save time and sanity!!

And for the most exciting wedding planning news... We have booked our HONEYMOON!! After the wedding week, we're going to head to the island of Cozumel staying at a cute little oceanfront hotel for a week of scuba diving and relaxation!! We're both avid scuba divers and the proximity to the barrier reef is the main reason we chose the riviera maya for our wedding!! Yay!

Its been a productive wedding week!!

Heather & Max - Dreams Tulum - May 10, 2011!

Fuschia and Orange Bouquet and Bout for sale: http://www.bestdesti...t-bout-for-sale

#1119 vlynnw

vlynnw
                  • 6,003 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:43 AM

Heather yay for getting things checked off! Question where did you buy the luggage tags?  I'm trying to determine the best ones to get and if I get self laminating or not.   Our sand ceremony kit also came from the same seller!

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#1120 speedy130

speedy130
                    • 102 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:47 AM

I cannot believe I just found this thread!  I have had my wedding planned for over a year now.  I cannot believe it is so close!  Now I am trying to get all the little things done...I keep taking on more little projects.  I have a feeling my "relaxing destination wedding" is turning into the opposite!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users