May 2011 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1597 replies to this topic

#991 NEMMERZ

NEMMERZ
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cherazi 

Having a destination wedding has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. It has made the planning so much fun and easy. The only downside is the additional stress of having to have a bikini-ready body. It is killing me 

Im with you on that one...............the wedding itself was pretty easy, I am leaving it up to the WC pretty much......LOL

Now, the bikini body........that's work.u r correct :)

#992 Nicyx

Nicyx
    • 2,914 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

APOLA2035... Love your website :-) Its fab.

3 months & 1 week today for me!!! WHOO WHOO, Roll on 6th May xox

#993 hmlicos

hmlicos
      • 34 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

Hi ladies! I've been following the thread for Dreams Tulum as we are getting married May 12, 2011!! Holy cow it's coming up! I feel like I'm so behind right now! I haven't sent out our invites yet (tomorrow morning they'll go out) but our TA needs all booked guests' payments by March 8th! That isn't giving my guests a whole lot of time to decide whether or not they're coming (we did send out STDs so we know who are for sure coming, but this is mostly for those procrastinators that were waiting for the formal invites) Sheesh! FI and I had to make an emergency trip out of the country for a few weeks so while we were gone, we didn't have time to put our invites together and send them out...oh well! 

OOT bags are pretty much done and I have yet to get my dress altered! I'm 5' tall so they have to take 3' of dress off the bottom :) At least it's a simple fix, right?!?  

For those having a symbolic ceremony, could you PM me your program if you're doing one? I'm not sure the order of "events". That would be fantastic!!

#994 vlynnw

vlynnw
        • 6,003 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

hmlicos - Welcome!! I'm also a DT bride getting married May 6!  Everything will come together with your bookings, afterall everyone who is planning on going won't have any trouble confirming by that date. 

I feel you on the dress I am 5'2 and they basically took an entire dress off the bottom for me, I figured it would be inexpensive but was quite shocked at how expensive it was just to hem it! I haven't finished my ceremony yet but there are tons here on the forum, have you tried doing a search for them?

Ana - everything looks great!

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#995 APOLA2035

APOLA2035
          • Site Supporter
          • 55 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:39 PM

Welcome hmlicos!

Thanks vlynnw and nycix.

I would love to have programs ideas as I'm not sure what should be the order of things.

Thanks

#996 rosieposie

rosieposie
            • 649 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

i just received my bridesmaid dresses, chair sashes, table runners, sand ceremony frame, favour ribbons and raffia fans!!!!

so excited!!!!!

unfortunately the fans are much smaller than i expected......still usable but my measuring must have been off......oh well.

and recieved my real touch bouquet and bout over the weekend!!!

#997 eholt

eholt
              • 528 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

Everything is coming together.  Hey, where did you order your sand ceremony frame?  I'm searching...

Originally Posted by rosieposie 

i just received my bridesmaid dresses, chair sashes, table runners, sand ceremony frame, favour ribbons and raffia fans!!!!

so excited!!!!!

unfortunately the fans are much smaller than i expected......still usable but my measuring must have been off......oh well.

and recieved my real touch bouquet and bout over the weekend!!!

May 19, 2011
                Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                Montego Bay, Jamaica
                http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#998 MaggieandJay

MaggieandJay
                • 1,029 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

Ladies, If you want to look into clip in hair extentions for the big Day I just wanted to pass on that I have had a FABULOUS experience ordering from this site http://sweetextensions.com/

I got a sample first then my hair stylist and I dyed it when it all looked good we ordered a full set and we are in the process of dying those. I will have my first trial run Feb 26th with Hair and make-up for my Bachlorette so I will let you ladies know how it turns out but so far so good

Maggie 

Maggie and Jay GOT married on May 15th 2011 at Azul Sensatori. Best International Wedding EVER!

#999 kitty25967

kitty25967
                  • 320 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 07:31 AM

@rosieposie

I would also like to know where you got your sand ceremony frame.  I haven't been able to locate one.  I have a monogram vase right now, but if I could find a frame, I would most likely go with that instead.

Thanks!

#1000 TLGnhci

TLGnhci
                    • 899 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:32 AM

You should be able to find the frames on either etsy, amazon, or ebay pretty easily. 

I also found one that is vases but it comes with an oil wick on the top so you can light it down the road.  Looks pretty nice, and reasonable for the vases and the sand.  I just worry about transporting the glass, and also how much space it will take up. 

http://weddinglighth...ndex.php?p=1_15

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users