May 2011 Brides!

vlynnw

I wanted to get a quick poll from you girls...  When are you bringing your dress in for alterations?  Its been sitting in my closet a few months already, and I'm anxious to get it altered, but I still want to tone up some.

I'd hate to get it done to early, then lose weight.  Then I'd also hate to get it done too late and panic about it getting done in time!

What do you girls think is the "Perfect" time to bring it in?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was wondering the same thing, because i want to tone up some too. i was recommended to bring my dress in for a first fitting to begin alterations around the end of February/beginning of March....hope that helps..... good idea to call the seamstress you'll be working with for some timing estimates and add some time to that just in case.

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

I wanted to get a quick poll from you girls...  When are you bringing your dress in for alterations?  Its been sitting in my closet a few months already, and I'm anxious to get it altered, but I still want to tone up some.

I'd hate to get it done to early, then lose weight.  Then I'd also hate to get it done too late and panic about it getting done in time!

What do you girls think is the "Perfect" time to bring it in?

I'm still planning on toning up a bit and hopefully losing a couple extra lbs still, but I'm starting to look into alterations now.  You usually have 3-4 fittings and adjustments can be made along the way.  I plan on taking mine in right after Christmas to start the process.

Cherazi- My guys are wearing tan linen pants and white collared shirts with brown flip flops.  My Fiance is wearing white linen pants and a sky blue shirt (he has the linen coat to match, but he refuses to wear it other than for pictures.)  My guys are all stoked since this is the least formal of any wedding they have been in!  It's nice to hear them rant and rave!  I got the pants at Banana Republic and shirts at Dillards. 

On alterations my bridal store said 2 months prior.  I am going to call the lady I want to go to just to double check.  She is the best in town, so I know she is going to be super busy during that time. 

Hi All,

I wanting to join in and say hello.  I have been on the Secrets Maroma forum but not too much goes on over there.....LOL..so i searched out May 2011 brides.  I am getting married at Secrets Maroma on May 5, 2011.  My name is Dana and FI is Don.

This will be my 2nd marriage and so excited to do the BEACH thing this time..

I dont have many things to do....I dont have a bridal party and am not having a reception or rehearsal, I only have 6 guests.....very laid back.

But I am struggling with photographers, again very simple, I only want some pics at ceremony, post ceremony and a mini TTD session, I only need about 2 hours of time.  I am currently looking at Aki Demi photographer and Sweet Caribbean..Anyone heard of either one??

Thanks everyone. feedback.gif

HI,

Jus thought i would share my previous experience.(2nd marriage)

I had my dress altered 3 weeks before my wedding. 

I was so stressed out the last 2 months of my wedding that I lost a lot of weight. 

So that may factor into things if you stress, and if you lose weight when you stress??

Hope that helps.

Thank you ErinMichelle. That was very helpful. I have been telling the groomsmen to bring khaki pants of their own, but I want to get the shirts. Good suggestions.

I am SO with you with the guys being happy about the casual dress-code. So funny :) At the same time the girls are concerned that their dresses won't have the full effect barefoot!!! They have picked their own dresses, different shades of purple. They were really happy with me too for letting them choose the style that they like.

Cheers,

Azadeh

Originally Posted by NEMMERZ View Post

Hi All,

I wanting to join in and say hello.  I have been on the Secrets Maroma forum but not too much goes on over there.....LOL..so i searched out May 2011 brides.  I am getting married at Secrets Maroma on May 5, 2011.  My name is Dana and FI is Don.

This will be my 2nd marriage and so excited to do the BEACH thing this time..

I dont have many things to do....I dont have a bridal party and am not having a reception or rehearsal, I only have 6 guests.....very laid back.

But I am struggling with photographers, again very simple, I only want some pics at ceremony, post ceremony and a mini TTD session, I only need about 2 hours of time.  I am currently looking at Aki Demi photographer and Sweet Caribbean..Anyone heard of either one??

Thanks everyone. feedback.gif

welcome.gif Im very similar to you... we have 7 altogether (inc us) at our wedding so like you very laid back, would love more there but due to cost a ot of people we wanted there couldnt come. You get married the day before me!! ARGH... Not long now... x

Nicyx,

HI, may i ask what resort you are getting married at?

We are at secrets maroma, riveria Maya Mexio...

Yup, i have been pretty laid back, but recently struggling with photographers...

they one i finally picked told me 100% down........does that sound right to anyone???

Nicyx, are you using an outside photographer off your resort??

BTW......great job on the weight loss, i have 15 pounds to go, but not till after xmas, but i am only 138 pounds so losing that is think is going to be difficult...